Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Disable muting music when in reverse?

Old 12-03-2015, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable muting music when in reverse?

I have a '16 A6 3.0T PP with top-view camera, and I hate it when the car turns my music down when I put the transmission in reverse.

There is a setting in the MMI park assist area for "entertainment volume", but it seem to have no effect. I think it used to work, but the past few weeks, it mutes the music in reverse no matter where I point the arrow - all the way up, all the way down, several places in between, etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I expecting the wrong behavior? Does something need rebooting or resetting so I don't miss a Car Talk punchline just because I'm backing up?

TIA!
Old 12-03-2015, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevro
I have a '16 A6 3.0T PP with top-view camera, and I hate it when the car turns my music down when I put the transmission in reverse.

There is a setting in the MMI park assist area for "entertainment volume", but it seem to have no effect. I think it used to work, but the past few weeks, it mutes the music in reverse no matter where I point the arrow - all the way up, all the way down, several places in between, etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I expecting the wrong behavior? Does something need rebooting or resetting so I don't miss a Car Talk punchline just because I'm backing up?

TIA!
I thought I knew what I was going to write....and then I read the second paragraph. That setting in "Park Assist" is what worked for us. I don't know why it isn't working for you. Dealer consultation?
Old 12-06-2015, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Give it time

I have the same problem, but only when I put the car in reverse BEFORE the entertainment system has had a chance to boot up and turn on. So if I start the car and go I to reverse quickly the music stays muted. If I wait a few seconds the music begins and stays on in reverse.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe try rebooting the MMI, i had weird symptoms and rebooting fixed it.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

This happens so you can hear the sensors beeping when backing up. Mine does this as well as my previous VW Touareg. It's normal.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrer
This happens so you can hear the sensors beeping when backing up. Mine does this as well as my previous VW Touareg. It's normal.
Design intent, but not helpful and mostly frustrating if one was listening to something at that time. We defeated it, and, as in my "other German" car which didn't do this in the first place, the beeps can easily be heard over the sound system.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Disable muting when shifting into reverse, A6

I have a 2017 A6 and it seems every time I shift into reverse and the radio volume goes down, I miss something critical (I listen to a lot of talk radio).

I see someone mentioned changing the setting in the MMI park assist area for "entertainment volume" but I can't find such a setting.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2017, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bythecshore
I have a 2017 A6 and it seems every time I shift into reverse and the radio volume goes down, I miss something critical (I listen to a lot of talk radio).

I see someone mentioned changing the setting in the MMI park assist area for "entertainment volume" but I can't find such a setting.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!
Necropost but I'm surprised no one mentioned this in this thread:
When the car is in reverse, you can adjust the volume independent of what it was before and it will remember it.

So simply put the car in reverse, adjust the volume to whatever you want and forget about it.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mdkv5
Necropost but I'm surprised no one mentioned this in this thread:
When the car is in reverse, you can adjust the volume independent of what it was before and it will remember it.

So simply put the car in reverse, adjust the volume to whatever you want and forget about it.
I did not know that! That's why I love this forum. I learn something new all the time.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Disable muting music when in reverse

Have had no success with this in our newly purchased '18 SQ5. System does not remember backup volume setting on next startup.
The following users liked this post:
Soobie23 (08-07-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Disable muting music when in reverse?