Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

DIY: C7 A6 Front Bumper Removal & StoneCarbon2009 RS6 Style Grille Install (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by KwikStix
And to GMANN4116, good job lurking the thread and trying to snipe a part that I was asking Crazy8ship about. Too bad you PM'd the wrong person asking about it.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is exactly what I needed, thanks so much! I have this “RS Grill” and got halfway through the install and couldn’t figure out a next step so I put the stock parts all back on the car. This video will help me complete the job properly. One thing that I did differently, though, was to get matte black vinyl wrap with carbon fiber texture to cover the metal inner bumper instead of painting it and I like it better - it has a cool texture and will not chip due to stone hits because I doubled layered it. Anyway, thanks again for a great video, super helpful!
Old 03-07-2019, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doggeroo
This is exactly what I needed, thanks so much! I have this “RS Grill” and got halfway through the install and couldn’t figure out a next step so I put the stock parts all back on the car. This video will help me complete the job properly. One thing that I did differently, though, was to get matte black vinyl wrap with carbon fiber texture to cover the metal inner bumper instead of painting it and I like it better - it has a cool texture and will not chip due to stone hits because I doubled layered it. Anyway, thanks again for a great video, super helpful!
Glad it helps man! Post pictures when you are done
Old 03-12-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering KwikStix, did you consider cutting out the entire space for your night vision instead of just leaving the little hole provided on the new grill. I'm doing mine now and seems that it would make sense to cut it out like the OEM grill.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itdoesitallroad
I was wondering KwikStix, did you consider cutting out the entire space for your night vision instead of just leaving the little hole provided on the new grill. I'm doing mine now and seems that it would make sense to cut it out like the OEM grill.
I actually did cut mine out, but realized afterwards it is unnecessary. For that reason I omitted it from the video.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I modified my old parking camera holder and attached it to the new grill. I think it looks pretty good. I'm ready to attach the new grill to the bumper cover so I'll do it without cutting out the night vision.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you guys have something to screw the night vision too?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So I did the mod last weekend and have a few photos from the process along with an "after" or two. We're still in the depths of winter here so the car is dirty but the grill is clean I used vinyl wrap to cover the aluminum bumper cross bar and it's in the photos. I think it looks better than paint and it should be more durable, too, having double-layered it when installing. Thanks again to KwikStix for the video because I could not have done this without it. Enjoy!

Comparing OE to the RS style

Bumper cross-bar with the carbon fiber textured wrap installed (double layered), ready for the bumper cover install

Aligned and ready to bolt it on

Showing the cross-bar before the bumper cover goes back on

Bumper cover mounted up with light shining through the grill to highlight the carbon fiber

Close up of the carbon fiber wrap showing through and the camera install at the top, still need to figure out the best way to cover the camera mount to clean up the looks...

Fully installed and ready for first drive

Ready for the road
Old 03-14-2019, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Doggeroo
So I did the mod last weekend and have a few photos from the process along with an "after" or two. We're still in the depths of winter here so the car is dirty but the grill is clean I used vinyl wrap to cover the aluminum bumper cross bar and it's in the photos. I think it looks better than paint and it should be more durable, too, having double-layered it when installing. Thanks again to KwikStix for the video because I could not have done this without it. Enjoy!

Comparing OE to the RS style

Bumper cross-bar with the carbon fiber textured wrap installed (double layered), ready for the bumper cover install

Aligned and ready to bolt it on

Showing the cross-bar before the bumper cover goes back on

Bumper cover mounted up with light shining through the grill to highlight the carbon fiber

Close up of the carbon fiber wrap showing through and the camera install at the top, still need to figure out the best way to cover the camera mount to clean up the looks...

Fully installed and ready for first drive

Ready for the road
Nice job and very sharp with the white color of your car!

Old 03-14-2019, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just finished mine last night. Advice for anyone getting the stoneCarbon grill and night vision. Have a good dremel. I had to do a fair amount of trimming for the night vision camera, parking camera and overall fit. I have and S6 so I think it's a little different. No big deal just took my time and cut where I needed. The results look awesome. I would not have done this if my $85k S6 original grill did not start to bubble for no apparent reason. Disappointed in audi.

Quick Reply: DIY: C7 A6 Front Bumper Removal & StoneCarbon2009 RS6 Style Grille Install (Video)