Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

DIY: C7 A6 Front Bumper Removal & StoneCarbon2009 RS6 Style Grille Install (Video)

Old 03-14-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itdoesitallroad
I was wondering KwikStix, did you consider cutting out the entire space for your night vision instead of just leaving the little hole provided on the new grill. I'm doing mine now and seems that it would make sense to cut it out like the OEM grill.
It was a little misaligned for me but it still worked even though I didn't cut it out. Cutting it out fully seems like the cleanest option but I don't trust myself enough to do a perfect job!

Originally Posted by crazy8ship
Did you guys have something to screw the night vision too?
There's screw holes on the back of the Audi rings holder that the night vision module can screw into, same as the OEM grille
Old 03-15-2019, 03:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vinng86
It was a little misaligned for me but it still worked even though I didn't cut it out. Cutting it out fully seems like the cleanest option but I don't trust myself enough to do a perfect job!

There's screw holes on the back of the Audi rings holder that the night vision module can screw into, same as the OEM grille
My RS grille doesnt have the screw holes so that was why I was wondering. I bought it for my last A6 that didn't have night vision. That car car got totaled and now have one with night vision.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I modified my old parking camera holder and attached it to the new grill. I think it looks pretty good. I'm ready to attach the new grill to the bumper cover so I'll do it without cutting out the night vision.
That looks really clean! How did you modify and attach your old camera cover? I haven't messed around with mine anymore yet.

Did you guys have something to screw the night vision too?
My RS grille doesnt have the screw holes so that was why I was wondering. I bought it for my last A6 that didn't have night vision. That car car got totaled and now have one with night vision.
If you didn't buy a grill built for night vision then it won't have the holes for your night vision mounting bracket :/ But stonecarbon seems like a reasonable dude, I would ask him if you can return it for a NV version. Or just sell yours and buy a new one. These things tend to sell pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by Doggeroo
So I did the mod last weekend and have a few photos from the process along with an "after" or two. We're still in the depths of winter here so the car is dirty but the grill is clean I used vinyl wrap to cover the aluminum bumper cross bar and it's in the photos. I think it looks better than paint and it should be more durable, too, having double-layered it when installing. Thanks again to KwikStix for the video because I could not have done this without it. Enjoy!
Dude you did an awesome job. I love the style of grille you chose to go with your car. Glad the video helped!

I just finished mine last night. Advice for anyone getting the stoneCarbon grill and night vision. Have a good dremel. I had to do a fair amount of trimming for the night vision camera, parking camera and overall fit. I have and S6 so I think it's a little different. No big deal just took my time and cut where I needed. The results look awesome. I would not have done this if my $85k S6 original grill did not start to bubble for no apparent reason. Disappointed in audi.
Yep. Not only a good dremel, but quality cutting wheels too. We went through a few harbor freight cheap wheels that just disintigrated on contact.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It looks really weird, especially with the side mounted number plate. If you’re going RS6 grill on an A6 you need to do the bumpers and wheels as well.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
It looks really weird, especially with the side mounted number plate. If you’re going RS6 grill on an A6 you need to do the bumpers and wheels as well.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nah, ya don’t actually. It’s not a rule that I’ve heard of so I think you’re mistaken.

Unless it’s just an opinion in which case it’s like an ***hole and everyone has one. Thanks for sharing yours... in an annoyingly self-righteous way. :/
Old 03-30-2019, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Doggeroo
Nah, ya don’t actually. It’s not a rule that I’ve heard of so I think you’re mistaken.

Unless it’s just an opinion in which case it’s like an ***hole and everyone has one. Thanks for sharing yours... in an annoyingly self-righteous way. :/
You’re quite right it is my opinion, how this car has been modified with the side mounted number plate and the fake RS6 grill it looks worse than when it left the factory.

To make it look better it needs an S line bumper, the plate moved to the right location and lowered suspension, because right now it looks like it’s on stilts with those small 18” wheels.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You’re quite right it is my opinion, how this car has been modified with the side mounted number plate and the fake RS6 grill it looks worse than when it left the factory.

To make it look better it needs an S line bumper, the plate moved to the right location and lowered suspension, because right now it looks like it’s on stilts with those small 18” wheels.
You are a pretty annoying dude. How about you just let people enjoy things? Is his modification having any effect on your life?

No. Don't like it? Move on and enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This his a forum and people are allowed to express their opinions, or are people not allowed opinions where you come from?
Old 03-30-2019, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This his a forum and people are allowed to express their opinions, or are people not allowed opinions where you come from?
Where I come from people aren't snobby *******s who demean people just because they don't like the choice they made when it has no effect on their own lives.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: C7 A6 Front Bumper Removal & StoneCarbon2009 RS6 Style Grille Install (Video)