Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Tell me about Truecar

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about Truecar

I'm in Wisconsin. Are there any Audi dealers in the midwest that support the Truecar certificates and pricing?

Also, any idea if the loyalty discount is included in the price paid? I would assume so since they would have no way of checking otherwise.

I was looking for a generic forum but couldn't find one. Since I have an A6 and will likely get another A6, I put it here. Sorry if it's misplaced.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevemac00
I'm in Wisconsin. Are there any Audi dealers in the midwest that support the Truecar certificates and pricing?

Also, any idea if the loyalty discount is included in the price paid? I would assume so since they would have no way of checking otherwise.

I was looking for a generic forum but couldn't find one. Since I have an A6 and will likely get another A6, I put it here. Sorry if it's misplaced.
I can't say whether they are supported in the Midwest, but I've had great experiences with TrueCar on my last two auto purchases (an Odyssey in 2009 and our A6 in February of this year). It's either a testament to my poor negotiating skills or the fact that TrueCar makes the dealership realize it's highly competitive, but I think it ended up saving me about $2k IIRC.

The only people I don't recommend TrueCar to are people who enjoy the thrill of the hunt for the best deal. A former colleague of mine would relish the opportunity and view it as sport. He'd take the day off, pack his briefcase and his HP 12C, and go into battle with both the sales guy & the F&I guy...to each his own.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about the Midwest, but I did use it in California.

Also I disagree about Truecar killing negotiation. I actually used my Truecar price certificate to start a negotiating back and forth between 2 dealers...one that did honor the certificate & one that didn't. In the end I got a price that was under invoice.

Also, even if you do not have a dealer in the area that honor's the certificate, it doesn't mean you can't use it to your advantage. A buddy of mine from San Francisco used a price certificate from a Los Angeles dealer to get his local dealer to deal. (LA and SF are about 400 miles apart)

A Truecar price certificate is just another informational tool in the art of negotiation.