Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Laser Jammer in the ACC pods

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser Jammer in the ACC pods

I've been thinking ...

If anyone wanted to mount a laser jammer with dual pods in the front, wouldn't the ACC pods (in place of traditional fog lights) be the best way to hide them? This is assuming the a car would not be equipped with ACC from the factory, but rather to install the dummy covers.

That being said, does anyone have a schematic for the ACC assembly? Can the covers be purchased separately?

According to this video:
The sensors are only 4x2cm and can probably hide in the ACC pod.

Of course, the G9 system can be used as a laser parking assist

Comments welcome
Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
I've been thinking ...

If anyone wanted to mount a laser jammer with dual pods in the front, wouldn't the ACC pods (in place of traditional fog lights) be the best way to hide them? This is assuming the a car would not be equipped with ACC from the factory, but rather to install the dummy covers.

That being said, does anyone have a schematic for the ACC assembly? Can the covers be purchased separately?

According to this video:
Guardian AntiLaser AL-G9 test | GeenBekeuring.nl - YouTube
The sensors are only 4x2cm and can probably hide in the ACC pod.

Of course, the G9 system can be used as a laser parking assist

Comments welcome
Covers are $100 on ebay. Actually I was thinking about getting these, because the chrome looks pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Style-Front-Euro-Matte-Black-Chrome-Fog-Grille-Cover-for-2013up-Audi-A6-C7-/201063028836?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
Old 03-30-2014, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd recommend against it. The ACC pods are way too low compared to the targeting surfaces (headlights, chrome grill trim, front license plate). If you mount that low, you are prone to getting punchthrough when rolling into a speed trap when your car is not perfectly level (e.g. over a hill or at the bottom of one)
Old 03-30-2014, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Don't worry about 'hiding' them because they are not noticeable. Unless of course they are illegal where you are. But you'll end up with well hidden laser jammer heads that are not effective. They need to be the same level as the headlights and equally spaced between them.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Don't worry about 'hiding' them because they are not noticeable. Unless of course they are illegal where you are. But you'll end up with well hidden laser jammer heads that are not effective. They need to be the same level as the headlights and equally spaced between them.
so placement is key. Good to know, thanks.

Yes they are illegal, but at the end of the day, they are only parking sensors ..... Right?
Having them visible is not what I would want though.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Superfly, here is a link to a post that somebody was working on installing the laser jammer and integrated radar detector, may have some ideas for your project.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...7#post24556337
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Laser jammers will NOT work well if they are mounted in the ACC locations. That would be far too low and wide apart.

In order to work properly, the jammers need to be higher up towards the level of the front license plate and headlights, since those are the common aiming points for police laser guns.

Take a look at where my jammers are mounted. Mine are probably a little bit higher and wider than optimum. The best location would be down one space and centered one more space in the grill. (i.e. directly below the S6 emblem)

Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
so placement is key. Good to know, thanks.

Yes they are illegal, but at the end of the day, they are only parking sensors ..... Right?
Having them visible is not what I would want though.
If you can't see them, they can't protect you. They have to be visible to work. Laser doesn't go through things like radar does.