Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Euro parking light question:

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro parking light question:

Picked up the new A6 Friday (2013 Prestige). Vag-com upgrades performed yesterday (Sunday) including the "Euro Parking Light" option.
When parked, with the turn indicator stalk in the "left" or "Right" position as required, the front markers illuminate as per the write-up. However, the rear lights do not come on - meaning the car has no parking lights showing when approached from the rear.
Those of you who have performed this mod - is this the case for you as well? Or do I need to explore some additional coding?
Thanks.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this is available on the headlight switch, at least on the 2012 models. Don't EU foglights have this, where one side or the other are on continuosly?

Probably doesn't answer your question though...
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It is not on the switch, at least here in the US (2013 model). That said, I recall my parents' Benz having it on the headlight switch -this was back in the 70s!
IN this case, though, I would like to figure out how to light the rears, in addition to the fronts (which are working fine, as mentioned in the original post).
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't US-Spec A6s have different Taillight Hardware than Euro A6s?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Don't US-Spec A6s have different Taillight Hardware than Euro A6s?
The EU taillights use the same ribbon style rear tail lamp as the US version. So, this should not be his problem. Grapeking, you trying to keep the ribbon tail lamp illuminated on one side, correct?

The only difference that I can see (none of which should matter to the mod he is trying to do) is that the EU version has an amber turn signal for the top row of LEDs. The brake lights make a U shape unlike the US spec which are a full rectangle shape for the brake lights and turn signal. There is also no red "side marker light" on the outside of the EU ones.

Sorry, that I cannot help with the actual mod you are trying to do, though.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That makes sense. And yes, you comprehend what I'm trying to do. Fronts work fine, not the rears. I'm guessing no one else here has tried this yet? Are there any EU-based users here who can confirm if the "parking lights on one-side" feature illuminates BOTH front and back lights?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 178 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Grapeking
That makes sense. And yes, you comprehend what I'm trying to do. Fronts work fine, not the rears. I'm guessing no one else here has tried this yet? Are there any EU-based users here who can confirm if the "parking lights on one-side" feature illuminates BOTH front and back lights?
It does indeed (note this on an Avant)
Attached Images   
Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have tried to do it but you can only get it to work on the front. I was able to get it to work on the rear light as well with changing the country code to ROW but that has a negative effect of triggering a ABS fault so I left it with only the front.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Perfect, exactly what was needed. Thank you, kind sir.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can confirm the same situation for a 2014 A6. Activated the European Parking option but only the front lights are activated.

Quick Reply: Euro parking light question: