Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Firmware 814 -> Google Earth stuck on loading screen

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firmware 814 -> Google Earth stuck on loading screen

Hi folks,

On my way home today, Google Earth failed to load and was stuck on the Google logo about halfway through. Tried restarting it a couple of times, deleting the GEMMI cache folder - to no avail...

Any ideas of what I can do? I have upgraded to firmware 814 not too long ago (May of this year) myself so I suppose I could re-install the firmware, but that takes forever...

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

I'm on 942_3 and today I got a message that Google Earth was restarting and if I would like to see the standard map in the meantime. I said no. I only did a short drive and by the time I was back home it was still showing the please wait screen. Perhaps there is a technical glitch at the moment. I will check again tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
I'm on 942_3 and today I got a message that Google Earth was restarting and if I would like to see the standard map in the meantime. I said no. I only did a short drive and by the time I was back home it was still showing the please wait screen. Perhaps there is a technical glitch at the moment. I will check again tomorrow.
Huh... I wonder if there's a problem with Google Earth API! What time did this occur? And where did you get 942_3? Or did you go through dealer?

Last edited by McFuzz; 10-13-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by McFuzz
Huh... I wonder if there's a problem with Google Earth API! What time did this occur? And where did you get 942_3? Or did you go through dealer?
It was around 7:45 PM Pacific. I was out around noon as well and everything was fine then. Yes, my dealership upgraded me to 942_3 earlier this year free of charge.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

It was around 7:45 PM Pacific. I was out around noon as well and everything was fine then. Yes, my dealership upgraded me to 942_3 earlier this year free of charge.
sunvabitch - same here; I left my office around 7.45 PM and that's exactly when I had the issue... I am in the Bay as well, btw.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Having the same issue as you guys hopefully its sorted soon
Old 10-14-2017, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's only affecting older vehicles with the MMI 3G+. Was just out on a canyon run with the TT RS and Google Earth is fine. It's a known issue. I just got off the phone with Audi connect support. They are upgrading the services for the older vehicles and it's putting a strain on the servers. No hard ETA, but they are hoping that it will be back to normal on Monday.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's only affecting older vehicles with the MMI 3G+. Was just out on a canyon run with the TT RS and Google Earth is fine. It's a known issue. I just got off the phone with Audi connect support. They are upgrading the services for the older vehicles and it's putting a strain on the servers. No hard ETA, but they are hoping that it will be back to normal on Monday.
Oh wow - good to know; thanks!!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the update. Same thing happen to me yesterday (I am on version 814) and I was going to reinstall the maps. I will wait a couple of days to see if it fixes itself
Old 10-16-2017, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by finzisa
Thank you for the update. Same thing happen to me yesterday (I am on version 814) and I was going to reinstall the maps. I will wait a couple of days to see if it fixes itself
Wouldn't have helped in any case. The Google Earth overlay has nothing to do with the internal standard nav map database. It's just a photo overlay that's sent via the internet with an Audi Connect subscription.

Quick Reply: Firmware 814 -> Google Earth stuck on loading screen