Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Fixed: Annoying audio "unmuting"

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVE
You should ask earlier for such "features". Since the C6 (Facelift) you can do so.
Sorry, I meant day one of the C7 My C5 did it "right" if I recall correctly. Of course there was no MMI screen or Navi or any of that, so I might just have turned the stereo off in that case
Old 08-15-2014, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Richard:

I did this on a 2013 with Bose, it only work for me if the MMI is still in standby mode after the car is switched off.

If left overnight, my radio comes back on the next morning

Do I need to reboot the MMI?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 13c7a6
I did this on a 2013 with Bose, it only work for me if the MMI is still in standby mode after the car is switched off.

If left overnight, my radio comes back on the next morning

Do I need to reboot the MMI?
Hmmm, that sounds the way mine worked BEFORE I made the change... go back into the hidden menu and make sure it "took". I definitely rebooted mine since then, but I don't recall if I had to reboot first.

Failing all that, what rev MMI do you have?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:06 AM
DVE
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I also adjusted entertainment max ..

Old 08-15-2014, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DVE
I also adjusted entertainment max ..
Good point! I only adjusted Min so if I leave the radio unmuted, it comes back unmuted at next startup. If I leave it muted though, then it's muted on the next startup also - whether minutes, hours, or days later (though I've not tested a lot of days).

DVE's setup of BOTH Min and Max set to 0 should (to my understanding) start up muted no matter what volume is set when the car shuts down.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Good point! I only adjusted Min so if I leave the radio unmuted, it comes back unmuted at next startup. If I leave it muted though, then it's muted on the next startup also - whether minutes, hours, or days later (though I've not tested a lot of days).

DVE's setup of BOTH Min and Max set to 0 should (to my understanding) start up muted no matter what volume is set when the car shuts down.
I did what DVE suggested. Let's see if that works tomorrow.
My version of MMI is 0725.

DVE's suggestion did it for me, thanks.

Last edited by 13c7a6; 08-16-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any idea why the green menu items don't stay set? I changed the min to zero, press the control **** down to store and then reboot the mmi with menu, **** and UR soft button. The setting always goes back to 2. Am I doing the green menu procedure wrong? Engine off? Engine on? etc?
Old 10-11-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HaveBlue
Any idea why the green menu items don't stay set? I changed the min to zero, press the control **** down to store and then reboot the mmi with menu, **** and UR soft button.
I believe I always back all the way out of the green menu with the BACK button. I don't believe an MMI reset is necessary for the volume hack, so you might be rebooting it before the settings "take". Try exiting the green menu and powering off the MMI. I don't believe I had the engine on, but probably in accessory mode.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:35 AM
DVE
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You have to keep your system switched on for some minutes, at least until the numerical values are different to zero in the green menu. Only then you can make changes which are storeable.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DVE
You have to keep your system switched on for some minutes, at least until the numerical values are different to zero in the green menu. Only then you can make changes which are storeable.
Thanks for the response. When you say "switched on for some minutes "do you mean after changing the green menu or before? " By "different to zero ", what are you referring to?

I will try leaving it on after making the change as suggested. Thank you both so much.

Quick Reply: Fixed: Annoying audio "unmuting"