Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Forward collision warning question- No sound , just a light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Forward collision warning question- No sound , just a light?

I have Forward collision monitoring on my TDI and had a question. Is it true that it only works over 45MPH? Also, there is no chime or loud warning when it activates. I have driven up to a car pretty fast and noticed the light flashes but no sound. Is it supposed to chime or make a verbal command? Maybe if I were closer? All I got was a red light. When will it activate the brakes?
Old 04-27-2019, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

As far as I know there is no lower speed limit under which it doesn't work. I've definitely had mine activate at much lower speeds than 45 mph. I have an RS5, but the systems are very similar in all cars. As for the warnings. The red flashing light is not the collision warning. That is telling you that you are following the car ahead of you too closely and you need to back off. It monitors the distance to the car ahead of you and warns you if you are not following at a safe distance. The collision warning itself activates if the car ahead of you suddenly slows down. If it does so you will get an acoustic and visual warning and if you don't react in time by either an evasive maneuver or by applying the brakes, it will apply the brakes automatically and bring you to a stop. You'll know when it activates.