Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Good price for a 2012 Prestige?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlabrahams
So I picked up the above mentioned Audi today for $43,000 not including tax but including all dealer fees. Although I have only had 8 hours to explore the car, wow I can now see why all of you are so crazy about your A6!

There are not many Prestige models for sale with every option throughout the country. I would say it's a pretty exclusive car to own. Although there are many BMW's and Mercedes everywhere you look, I do not see many Audi A6's with the prestige package or even without the prestige package.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I am now a proud Audi owner!
And now I can use my official signature!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dlabrahams
I can now see why all of you are so crazy about your A6!

There are not many Prestige models for sale with every option throughout the country. I would say it's a pretty exclusive car to own. Although there are many BMW's and Mercedes everywhere you look, I do not see many Audi A6's with the prestige package or even without the prestige package.
Welcome. You are right A6 is more exclusive than 5 series and E class, and even so the Prestige models. When I see other A6 on the road I check what packages they have, and I am still the only fully loaded Prestige including B&O in my area. The S line and 20 wheels still turn heads, even from E class and 5 series owners.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats... We I searched for my 2013 A6 the prestige line was the only version I considered. It took a little longer to find but wrote... I am pleased. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations--That is an excellent price on an absolutely top-of-the line car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Now the fun begins as you get to study the manual, play with all the ***** and controls and menus and learn to use all the great features and "driver assists". BTW, if you don't have it yet, consider buying the Audi Maintenance Package, from an Audi Dealer, for about $850.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

When I went to the finance side, they asked me if I wanted Audi Care. Since I read so may posts in these forums I knew to ask if the car already had the Audi Care. Sure enough it was already purchased by the previous owner when he "Checked". This forum saved my over $800 already.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Guys,
Yes this is my first post in audi forum , i was a Merc C300 owner before .
I just bought myself a 2012 manufactured model , but sold in 2013 july ,CPO prestige with 19 sport wheels package , audi side assist for 45k. It have 15k on odo.
I feel thats a bargain price, what you guys think?
Old 08-01-2014, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
Congratulations--That is an excellent price on an absolutely top-of-the line car. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Now the fun begins as you get to study the manual, play with all the ***** and controls and menus and learn to use all the great features and "driver assists". BTW, if you don't have it yet, consider buying the Audi Maintenance Package, from an Audi Dealer, for about $850.
For $850 it is a waste of money. For the duration of the warranty, they only thing that is changed is the oil and filter. The air filter once and maybe the cabin filter even though it wont be needed. Maybe the wipers once or twice depending where you live.
You could get this done for less than half the price. I do my own oil changes. I buy a 12 quart box of Royal Purple 5w40 delivered to my house for $87 and an oil filter for $12 at rockauto.com. Even if you pay someone to change it for $20 its around $95. If you really want to be cheap just get 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 0w40(VW 502.00 approved unlike my RP) for $25 and you can change your oil for around $70. Only other thing you need in the entire Audicare period is the air filter that costs arount $35. So for less than $400 with Mobil 1 0w40(one of the best oils out there right now) oil changes and air filter you'll save a lot of $$$.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Forgot to mention it have "full led lights option" as well as audi care package as well.The CPO warranty goes till july 2019.
Lojack was installed as well in the price.

Originally Posted by sherrypeter_g
Hi Guys,
Yes this is my first post in audi forum , i was a Merc C300 owner before .
I just bought myself a 2012 manufactured model , but sold in 2013 july ,CPO prestige with 19 sport wheels package , audi side assist for 45k. It have 15k on odo.
I feel thats a bargain price, what you guys think?
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
Old 08-02-2014, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dshahs420
For $850 it is a waste of money. For the duration of the warranty, they only thing that is changed is the oil and filter. The air filter once and maybe the cabin filter even though it wont be needed. Maybe the wipers once or twice depending where you live.
You could get this done for less than half the price. I do my own oil changes. I buy a 12 quart box of Royal Purple 5w40 delivered to my house for $87 and an oil filter for $12 at rockauto.com. Even if you pay someone to change it for $20 its around $95. If you really want to be cheap just get 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 0w40(VW 502.00 approved unlike my RP) for $25 and you can change your oil for around $70. Only other thing you need in the entire Audicare period is the air filter that costs arount $35. So for less than $400 with Mobil 1 0w40(one of the best oils out there right now) oil changes and air filter you'll save a lot of $$$.
Sometimes it makes sense to do your own Oil and Filter Changes, sometimes not. I live in NV and was recently in Memphis when I hit 15,000 miles. There was no way I could change my own oil, but I had the service plan so I took it to the Local Audi Dealer. Also, during the Warrantee period I like to have the Dealer do the service, so I don't have to keep records and get in any arguments if I need warrantee work done. So for me, it's worth a few $$$ for peace of mind.

Now with that said, I had my Aston-Martin serviced by the dealer during the Warrantee Period (~$1,500 each service). Now out of Warrantee, I change my own oil (a Special Castrol at $15-$18/Quart for 11 Quarts) and Filter (~$50).
Old 10-12-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow! that seems a lotta $$ at $44k

I know this thread was back in August, but I got my 2012 A6 Prestige with 19in Sport LED, side assist with 40k miles Audi CPO-ed for $36.5k

Quick Reply: Good price for a 2012 Prestige?