Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Google maps not working

Old 06-28-2016, 02:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Anyone solve the problem with Google Earth? I have the same problem. I updated firmware and was working, but after updated the map Google Earth is gray. Audi connect is working perfect.

Please help.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same for me on my SQ. Nav got updated last week and now Google Earth has been stuck on the 2nd 'o' for 4+ hrs (and is grayed out). Called Audi Connect and everything is fine with my account. SIM reset, MMI reset and factory defaults restored didn't do anything.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,155 Likes on 905 Posts

I got an oil change about 2 weeks ago at the dealer. They told me Audi told Service to not do car firmware update - as it is "bricking" the google maps. They said the over the air map update is fine, but the whole car update had something wrong with it, and unless you wanted your NAV to be more or less useless, they will hold off on it. They are hoping a new update comes out soon. Maybe mention this to your dealer and see if they know about it...
Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89
I got an oil change about 2 weeks ago at the dealer. They told me Audi told Service to not do car firmware update - as it is "bricking" the google maps. They said the over the air map update is fine, but the whole car update had something wrong with it, and unless you wanted your NAV to be more or less useless, they will hold off on it. They are hoping a new update comes out soon. Maybe mention this to your dealer and see if they know about it...
Greaaaaat, that's not what I wanted to hear! I've researched a ton and other than people's data running out, the only fix was a replaced mmi. Most times it seems like an update of some sort that messes it up, so that makes sense with what you said.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BG SQ5
Greaaaaat, that's not what I wanted to hear! I've researched a ton and other than people's data running out, the only fix was a replaced mmi. Most times it seems like an update of some sort that messes it up, so that makes sense with what you said.
Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. That's what they told me when I brought my '16 A6 in for 15K service. Maybe Audi of America can help you out, worth trying to give them a call and see if you could go back to the dealer and they could revert your software.

Otherwise, just request the nicest loaner car in their fleet until they have an update... hey it's worth a shot! :P
Old 08-08-2016, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Additionally, the map updates don't charge against allotted data... they are supposed to be exempt.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to add some specifics and update...

My '15 SQ5 got updated to HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_3 (TSB 2030465/9) and Google Earth no longer worked. I am unsure of what the prior version of the MMI was.

Audi care followed up on my case today and informed me that there was a software patch for this update in regards to the Google Earth issue. They contacted the dealership (who had already figured this out on their own apparently), and I'm scheduled for the 30 min patch tomorrow morning. :fingers crossed:

UPDATE: I'm all good now. Simple 10 min fix at the dealership (TSB 2044940/1), and my Google Earth and street view work perfectly fine now.

Last edited by BG SQ5; 08-10-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-26-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Google map issue resolved!!

Awesome. Thanks much for the tip. The dealer guys didn't know a solution and just said another patch will come in future to fix the grayed out google map. I just referred 2044940/1 and they were able to locate in servicenet which helped me get a quick fix.

BTW, they did a ZUG update for my MMI (2015 Q5) which really caused this google map issue. Does anyone know what really does the ZUG update to MMI fix?

Originally Posted by BG SQ5
Just to add some specifics and update...

My '15 SQ5 got updated to HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_3 (TSB 2030465/9) and Google Earth no longer worked. I am unsure of what the prior version of the MMI was.

Audi care followed up on my case today and informed me that there was a software patch for this update in regards to the Google Earth issue. They contacted the dealership (who had already figured this out on their own apparently), and I'm scheduled for the 30 min patch tomorrow morning. :fingers crossed:

UPDATE: I'm all good now. Simple 10 min fix at the dealership (TSB 2044940/1), and my Google Earth and street view work perfectly fine now.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone have a copy of this TSB or what it actually does?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone else who lands here searching for the same answer, the TSB is now 2044940/2. It instructs the dealer tech to download an archive file from ServiceNet that includes a fix script. It is MMI3GP K0942 Google Earth INOP Cleanup Patch under Technician References/Audi MMI Scripts. The 2 files in the archive are tiny and just require an empty SD card. Once copied to the SD card, it needs to be inserted after the MMI fully boots and the Telephone menu options are all loaded. You'll get a green confirmation screen that the script has run.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Google maps not working