Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Havana Black or Red Garnet Pearl Effect

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havana Black or Red Garnet Pearl Effect

I had never seen a Garnet Red Pearl in person so when I went the dealer today lo and behold there was not one but two in the lot with each of them having different interiors of velvet beige and the gray.

As you can see from my sig I have already ordered the Havanna Black with the beige interior (which I want to keep that color) but seeing the Garnet Red Pearl really got me thinking.

I have not seen either color very often on the road but that garnet red has a deep color I enjoy without it being too "redish" for me. I assume the red will be easier to keep clean than the black but for those of you that have that garnet red I am looking for opinions if you are still in love with that color and is it easier to keep clean?

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as the Garnet Red Pearl Effect, yes I still love the color. Is it easier to keep clean vs. one of the black colors? I have no idea since I have not had a black colored car before. I know this isn't much help but at least I could answer your first question.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

In my opinion, black is best on the C7.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Red should hide any dirt better than black. It is also more unique.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the garnet red. The dealership had an a7 garnet red with beige in the showroom, and every time I walked in, it wow'ed me. I kept saying that I'm not red car guy. But it's a deep red with varying shades. It is not a brilliant red which is most important. I also love the havanna/beige combo. But the contrast of the front grill and fascia looks amazing on a non-black car.

I was looking for aviator blue (which I also love). BUT every time someone posted pictures of their new A7, no matter the color, I loved it. So in the end, I got a great deal on the car after 1 week of ownership, I love it. But you'll love whatever color you get. The red won't be as hard to keep clean - but it's not an easy color to keep clean either (like white or silver).
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
I love the garnet red. The dealership had an a7 garnet red with beige in the showroom, and every time I walked in, it wow'ed me. I kept saying that I'm not red car guy. But it's a deep red with varying shades. It is not a brilliant red which is most important. I also love the havanna/beige combo. But the contrast of the front grill and fascia looks amazing on a non-black car.

I was looking for aviator blue (which I also love). BUT every time someone posted pictures of their new A7, no matter the color, I loved it. So in the end, I got a great deal on the car after 1 week of ownership, I love it. But you'll love whatever color you get. The red won't be as hard to keep clean - but it's not an easy color to keep clean either (like white or silver).
I love your red C7. Love it. It is unique and a soft-red color w/ enough edge to make the C7 pop.

But I love my phantom black pearl, especially on a S6. The contrast with the silver mirrors and bright trim is best, in my opinion.....
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered my S6 in custom misano red color!! Red for me anyday .. That does not mean other colors are not worth it but the red does definitely stand out more
Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have havana and it has been a joy (except that it is a bit tricky to keep clean). That being said, I've seen garnet in person and it is beautiful as well. You win either way.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BConly
You win either way.
TRUE STATEMENT!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Red should hide any dirt better than black. It is also more unique.
+1. The red really pops.

Quick Reply: Havana Black or Red Garnet Pearl Effect