Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

HD Radio Song box stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Radio Song box stopped working

Hi all,

I've had my 2013 A6 prestige for a couple of months and am loving it. Recently have come across an issue with the HD Radio stations. For the first month and a half or so, when I would tune to a HD Radio station, a little box would pop up with the song and artist info. All of a sudden a few weeks ago, this stopped happening. If I push function and scroll to text, the song and artist info will come up on a different screen, but I don't get the little box anymore. I have no problem with getting the little box on XM stations.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. If so, how was it fixed?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by huck344
Hi all,

I've had my 2013 A6 prestige for a couple of months and am loving it. Recently have come across an issue with the HD Radio stations. For the first month and a half or so, when I would tune to a HD Radio station, a little box would pop up with the song and artist info. All of a sudden a few weeks ago, this stopped happening. If I push function and scroll to text, the song and artist info will come up on a different screen, but I don't get the little box anymore. I have no problem with getting the little box on XM stations.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. If so, how was it fixed?

Thanks.
HD radio is hit and miss (mostly miss). If you don't have a strong signal the radio will automatically switch out of HD so you won't get the box. Have you tried a number of other stations? There is also a setting to turn this on or off, did you turn it off without knowing?
Old 08-10-2013, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Like denvig said, it's hit or miss. I know that here in Houston the stations have been working but no info on the songs most of the time. Usually they work and more often than not they don't.

You can contact the radio stations and find out if they are down or just not broadcasting for whatever reason.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a weak HD signal. Stations that were displaying, now are not. As I mentioned, if I go to functions and then the "i" icon, the song information will come up.

As you can see, there is no box up on the screen. However, if I go to functions and then the text icon, the song information will come up on a different screen.

This is the case on all but 2 stations. On the other two stations, there will be no box, but if I press the preset button, the box will come up on the master list of fm stations. If I press the preset button again, the box will stay there. However, if I change to a different station and then go back, the box will be gone and I have to go through the same steps.

I never had this problem until a couple of weeks ago. Is there a way to reboot the MMI? I definitely don't think it is an HD radio thing per the reasons outlined above. I think there must be some type of software glitch.
Attached Images    
Old 08-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is the example that I outlined in case 2.
Attached Images    
Old 08-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a weak HD signal. Stations that were displaying, now are not. As I mentioned, if I go to functions and then the "i" icon, the song information will come up.

As you can see, there is no box up on the screen. However, if I go to functions and then the text icon, the song information will come up on a different screen.

This is the case on all but 2 stations. On the other two stations, there will be no box, but if I press the preset button, the box will come up on the master list of fm stations. If I press the preset button again, the box will stay there. However, if I change to a different station and then go back, the box will be gone and I have to go through the same steps.

I never had this problem until a couple of weeks ago. Is there a way to reboot the MMI? I definitely don't think it is an HD radio thing per the reasons outlined above. I think there must be some type of software glitch.
To reset For A4/A5/A6/Q5/Q7, press SETUP, BIG **** and top right soft button together
Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

huck, mine does the exact same things. Just a radio station thing. Nothing wrong with your radio and a reset will do nothing. Already tried that, already spoke to Audi about it when my car was in not to long ago.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
huck, mine does the exact same things. Just a radio station thing. Nothing wrong with your radio and a reset will do nothing. Already tried that, already spoke to Audi about it when my car was in not to long ago.
Thanks for filling me. I hadn't done the reset yet and will re-evaluate if I even should bother. The strange thing is that I used to get the box on every HD station and it just suddenly stopped.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for filling me. I hadn't done the reset yet and will re-evaluate if I even should bother. The strange thing is that I used to get the box on every HD station and it just suddenly stopped.
Any luck on a fix here, I have the same issue. I've seen the little info box pop-up by itself for only 1 station. For the rest, the data is there when drilling through the menus, just won't pop up on its own...
Old 07-09-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The station is fine. It is the radio in these cars. Mine worked reasonably well until the MMI software was updated in 2015 to version K0814 (when I had the nav maps updated). It has never worked since. I tried every setting, rebooted/reset the thing ad nauseam, no dice. Maybe once every two months it will show the radio data right after I start the car. As soon as I change the station it is gone again. I have driven newer Audi's (2016+) listening to the same stations and the radio data displays no problem. Every other car (non-Audi) I have driven in listening to the same stations will show the data without issue. I got used not having it...

I don't know if a newer update will fix the issue.