Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Ordered a 2015

Old 06-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a 2015

First off, thanks to all of you who answered all of my newbie questions and helped me with my decision to go with my first Audi. I really wanted pricing to be posted prior to ordering so I would know the exact cost when I walked out of the dealership but the fact I need a September delivery made me go ahead and take the plunge.

2015 A6 3.0T Prestige (inc full LED headlights, warm weather pkg, HUD, Bose)
Phantom Black/Nougat/Fine Grain Ash/Black Headliner
19 inch Sport Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Driver Assistance Pkg

I will be leasing for business purposes so do you think its worth it to go with Opticoat Pro? Xpel Ultimate looks very interesting, but I don't know if I want spend that kind of money on a car I don't actually own. Also, from reading the forums I know people have signed up and get email updates on their order for when a production date is determined, shipping dates, etc. Where do I go to sign up for that or is it something I need to go through my dealer for? I definitely plan on getting the Ross-Tech to do some VAG-COM mods. Any other advice for a first time Audi owner?

Last edited by douglife; 06-18-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Sorry I cannot help with our question regarding production status updates. I wanted to congratulate you and say that the no-cost black headliner in my opinion is what will totally make the car feel great. I had three Audi's since 2005 with the dull grey headliner and then my 2013 A6 came with the black headliner (I buy in-stock and lucked out). For me this completely changes the experience from the driver's seat and should be the standard color Audi uses - so much classier! Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by douglife
First off, thanks to all of you who answered all of my newbie questions and helped me with my decision to go with my first Audi. I really wanted pricing to be posted prior to ordering so I would know the exact cost when I walked out of the dealership but the fact I need a September delivery made me go ahead and take the plunge.

2015 A6 3.0T Prestige (inc full LED headlights, warm weather pkg, HUD, Bose)
Phantom Black/Nougat/Fine Grain Ash/Black Headliner
19 inch Sport Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Driver Assistance Pkg

I will be leasing for business purposes so do you think its worth it to go with Opticoat Pro? Xpel Ultimate looks very interesting, but I don't know if I want spend that kind of money on a car I don't actually own. Also, from reading the forums I know people have signed up and get email updates on their order for when a production date is determined, shipping dates, etc. Where do I go to sign up for that or is it something I need to go through my dealer for? I definitely plan on getting the Ross-Tech to do some VAG-COM mods. Any other advice for a first time Audi owner?
Talk to your sales associate to have him/her sign you up for the Owner In Waiting program. You'll get four emails. Order received, Build started, European Port Delivery, and US Port Delivery.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I will be leasing for business purposes so do you think its worth it to go with Opticoat Pro? Xpel Ultimate looks very interesting, but I don't know if I want spend that kind of money on a car I don't actually own.
No on both if you are leasing the vehicle
Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Sorry I cannot help with our question regarding production status updates. I wanted to congratulate you and say that the no-cost black headliner in my opinion is what will totally make the car feel great. I had three Audi's since 2005 with the dull grey headliner and then my 2013 A6 came with the black headliner (I buy in-stock and lucked out). For me this completely changes the experience from the driver's seat and should be the standard color Audi uses - so much classier! Good luck and keep us posted.
This. Not to hijack the thread but, the black should be standard and the grey should be the no cost option. I had a 2013 A6 with the black headliner but recently traded for an A7 that had everything except the black headliner and somehow it is a completely different feel. Definitely a good choice.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glacier6
This. Not to hijack the thread but, the black should be standard and the grey should be the no cost option. I had a 2013 A6 with the black headliner but recently traded for an A7 that had everything except the black headliner and somehow it is a completely different feel. Definitely a good choice.
Agree 100%. I ordered my car with the black headliner last year. A few weeks later the dealer received a vehicle they had ordered for stock with everything I had ordered minus the black headliner. Rather then wait a few months I took it. I wish I had waited.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
Agree 100%. I ordered my car with the black headliner last year. A few weeks later the dealer received a vehicle they had ordered for stock with everything I had ordered minus the black headliner. Rather then wait a few months I took it. I wish I had waited.
I was definitely on the fence about it because I'm a tall guy and I was afraid it would make the cabin feel smaller. But after discussing it with some of you and seeing it in person on another vehicle I was definitely sold.

On another note, my sales rep emailed me and told me Audi had finally posted pricing! I haven't seen anything from him yet, but I'm sure someone on here with better connections than I will be posting the updated 2015 order guide on here soon.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I was definitely on the fence about it because I'm a tall guy and I was afraid it would make the cabin feel smaller. But after discussing it with some of you and seeing it in person on another vehicle I was definitely sold.
I am 6’ 2”, not so tall, but I guess a bit above average. I don’t feel that the black headliner makes me feel confined. The lightness of the standard grey compared to the darkness of the optional black is not the issue. I have seen lighter headliners in other brands (tan, silver, grey; Lexus, Infiniti to name two) that are fine. The issue to me is the particular Puke Grey that Audi has, for reasons I cannot imagine, selected. So much else about Audi's design/style aesthetic and interior finish is top notch, but the grey headliner: not so much. Anyway, my 2 cents.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I am 6’ 2”, not so tall, but I guess a bit above average. I don’t feel that the black headliner makes me feel confined. The lightness of the standard grey compared to the darkness of the optional black is not the issue. I have seen lighter headliners in other brands (tan, silver, grey; Lexus, Infiniti to name two) that are fine. The issue to me is the particular Puke Grey that Audi has, for reasons I cannot imagine, selected. So much else about Audi's design/style aesthetic and interior finish is top notch, but the grey headliner: not so much. Anyway, my 2 cents.
Very true. I seriously have no idea what they were thinking making that standard. It doesn't even tie with anything else in the interior whatsoever, unless you select the same color seats.