Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Heated Steering Wheel & Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heated Steering Wheel & Climate Control

I've always loved heated steering wheels - especially since I drive in chilly New England winters.

But the Audi is the best heated steering wheel I have ever had.

No it doesn't have a lot of features like some cars - only an on/off button and no variable heat.

However, it warms up quickly and the temp is perfect for my liking. Not too cold - not too hot. Plus the temperature of the wheel decreases when the car warms up! No more adjusting temps or turning it on or off.

In fact, I have to say the entire climate control is the best on any car I have every owned. Set it to auto and forget it. The fan speed always seems to be at the right setting. No annoying cold air blowing at you. Very quiet operation. Front heated seats are awesome - and they come on automatically and revert to the last temp setting when you start the car. Back seat passangers have their own heated seats and climate controls.

Much better than my last Mercedes E350 and BMW 535xi.

These are the types of things that make a car truly enjoyable to drive.

(I mistakenly posted this in the A7 forum, so I apologize for the double post. The A6/A7's are very similar, and the A6 forum gets more traffic so I like to post here.)
Old 12-22-2012, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree. Set it in the auto-mode and it's magic. Just adjust the temp and all is good. But when I wander out of auto mode, I find that the system gets real confusing. For example, when I screw with the fan (circulation) button if I want the air to blow stronger, it shows the dials in the display with 2 hash-marks or setting needles; an inner and an outer. I have no idea what the hell both of those are for?? And then if you turn on the windshield defrost, and subsequently use the fan button to dial the defrost blower up or down, will it control the strength of defrost, or the strength of the cabin air? Seems the car manual is useless to explain these things, so I muddle through it. But it does keep me occupied. And another thing - how the hell do I turn up the volume for my nav directions voice?? I can hardly hear her, which in most settings is fine but not when my damn turn is coming up.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
how the hell do I turn up the volume for my nav directions voice?? I can hardly hear her, which in most settings is fine but not when my damn turn is coming up.
How the hell it works is to just roll the right hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel up to increase the volume when she's speaking and your damn turn is coming up. It will remember your setting. (This is in the manual). Other modes work this way as well, including the damn telephone volume when you're using it.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
How the hell it works is to just roll the right hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel up to increase the volume when she's speaking and your damn turn is coming up. It will remember your setting. (This is in the manual). Other modes work this way as well, including the damn telephone volume when you're using it.
Damn good information there.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also do this by using the volume **** on the console, again when Nav lady is speaking.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Grapeking
You can also do this by using the volume **** on the console, again when Nav lady is speaking.
And finally, the volume can be set independently in the MMI Setup screen. Hell, there's at least three ways to control the voice volume, damn it.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon, it is Christmans time damn it! How the hell can you talk like that?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
How the hell it works is to just roll the right hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel up to increase the volume when she's speaking and your damn turn is coming up..
Well I'll be damned, it worked! Alright, that was an easy one, how about these damn things? What are these things telling me??
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I'll be damned, it worked! Alright, that was an easy one, how about these damn things? What are these things telling me??
What?? No takers??
Old 12-29-2012, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What?? No takers??

What screen are you on - it looks like the station listing for Sirius - but you have something that looks like climate controls?

Where is snagit - I'm sure he knows.

Last edited by looking@audi; 12-29-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Heated Steering Wheel & Climate Control