AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   I think I’ve finally found “The One” (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/i-think-i%92ve-finally-found-%93-one%94-2966517/)

Sinderblock 02-01-2019 09:55 AM

I think I’ve finally found “The One”

So I think I’ve finally found the one I’m about to pull the trigger on and I want to see what you guys think. So I was looking for a 3.0 with relatively low miles, in good shape. Things like paddle shifters or AC seats would be cool, but finding a good deal on one with the other criteria is the most important thing.

The car is about 7 hours away, near Philadelphia. I’m having it inspected by a local Audi dealership now. If they give it the green light, I expect to go get it tomorrow. But, I thought I’d run it by you guys to see if there was anything you guys don’t like about it. Hard to tell from photos I’m sure, but maybe there’s something I’m not seeing or considering.

I’m excited to almost officially be “in the club”. Thanks guys!

https://www.ipacket.info/E03AC094-FA...97DC3BE8F913C0

Moonlightblue 02-01-2019 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sinderblock (Post 25270130)
So I think I’ve finally found the one I’m about to pull the trigger on and I want to see what you guys think. So I was looking for a 3.0 with relatively low miles, in good shape. Things like paddle shifters or AC seats would be cool, but finding a good deal on one with the other criteria is the most important thing.

The car is about 7 hours away, near Philadelphia. I’m having it inspected by a local Audi dealership now. If they give it the green light, I expect to go get it tomorrow. But, I thought I’d run it by you guys to see if there was anything you guys don’t like about it. Hard to tell from photos I’m sure, but maybe there’s something I’m not seeing or considering.

I’m excited to almost officially be “in the club”. Thanks guys!

https://www.ipacket.info/E03AC094-FA...97DC3BE8F913C0

Great price, good deal as long as everything checks out mechanically. You may want to run over all over the known issues with this first model year, as I know that there are at least a few.. And of course you'll want all updates/recalls completed. Otherwise enjoy!

KevinGary 02-01-2019 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Moonlightblue (Post 25270142)
Great price, good deal as long as everything checks out mechanically. You may want to run over all over the known issues with this first model year, as I know that there are at least a few.. And of course you'll want all updates/recalls completed. Otherwise enjoy!

‘good advice

DanfZX14 02-01-2019 11:48 AM

I concur!

Silver42 02-01-2019 01:24 PM

couple of things I would suggest - in terms of options - the adaptive CC is really a must have - I REALLY like the HUD as well. do you care about the sport suspension at all? the LED Headlights are worth it as well.

that's really the major things I see missing. Oh yes - the 4 zone Climate Control is nice to have as well.

Sinderblock 02-01-2019 03:46 PM

Yea, there are definitely some more options I would like to have, but the biggest things were 3.0, low miles, in this price range. I could afford something more expensive, but the...opportunity costs just didn’t make them reasonable.

I’ve settled on this one for those reasons. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything seen (or unseen) with this one that you guys could make me aware of. I really appreciate the feedback!

Acuransx 02-01-2019 05:12 PM

Sinder, that's a good service history. While I prefer 5K oil change intervals this one has been serviced by the book and some things have been handled already -- catalytic converter replacement, carbon removal service, new battery, new brake pads on at least one axle, fuel line replacement -- all good. The fact that one dealer did all the service is also a good thing -- perhaps the prior owner had Audi Care and the fact that car was seen by the dealer at regular intervals is indicative of a caring owner. The 55K service is a major one and looks from the Carfax that it was done which is another positive. If car passes the PPI I say proceed. Make your deal contingent upon your final inspection/test drive upon arrival at selling dealer (unless you are having it shipped but I strongly recommend that if you intend to go forward you buy a one way ticket or convince a friend/family member to take a road trip with you because there is nothing like seeing, smelling and driving the car yourself) and make sure your contract or email correspondence requires full refund of any deposit you give dealer if you are not satisfied in your sole and absolute discretion with your personal inspection and test drive. Good luck!

Best,
Jeff

ctautoart 02-02-2019 06:37 AM

Looks like a great car in terms of miles, price, and pictures. Not my ideal spec, but as a car this one is in exceptional condition. Hopefully it passes the PPI and you enjoy it.

Sinderblock 02-02-2019 07:58 AM

Awesome replies, thanks guys! There are a few other features I’d like to have, but this one checks the major boxes. Audi is doing the one open recall. I was supposed to go get it today, but now it’s looking like next Friday.

audi bug 02-02-2019 10:24 AM

It maybe too late response, and I am not sure how important this feature is to you.
On 2012, keyless entry was option even for the Premium Plus, so make sure to check it.
My sister-in-law complaint about not having it on her 2012 A6 for a long time.