Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

I think I’ve finally found “The One”

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think I’ve finally found “The One”

So I think I’ve finally found the one I’m about to pull the trigger on and I want to see what you guys think. So I was looking for a 3.0 with relatively low miles, in good shape. Things like paddle shifters or AC seats would be cool, but finding a good deal on one with the other criteria is the most important thing.

The car is about 7 hours away, near Philadelphia. I’m having it inspected by a local Audi dealership now. If they give it the green light, I expect to go get it tomorrow. But, I thought I’d run it by you guys to see if there was anything you guys don’t like about it. Hard to tell from photos I’m sure, but maybe there’s something I’m not seeing or considering.

I’m excited to almost officially be “in the club”. Thanks guys!

https://www.ipacket.info/E03AC094-FA...97DC3BE8F913C0
Old 02-01-2019, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinderblock
So I think I’ve finally found the one I’m about to pull the trigger on and I want to see what you guys think. So I was looking for a 3.0 with relatively low miles, in good shape. Things like paddle shifters or AC seats would be cool, but finding a good deal on one with the other criteria is the most important thing.

The car is about 7 hours away, near Philadelphia. I’m having it inspected by a local Audi dealership now. If they give it the green light, I expect to go get it tomorrow. But, I thought I’d run it by you guys to see if there was anything you guys don’t like about it. Hard to tell from photos I’m sure, but maybe there’s something I’m not seeing or considering.

I’m excited to almost officially be “in the club”. Thanks guys!

https://www.ipacket.info/E03AC094-FA...97DC3BE8F913C0
Great price, good deal as long as everything checks out mechanically. You may want to run over all over the known issues with this first model year, as I know that there are at least a few.. And of course you'll want all updates/recalls completed. Otherwise enjoy!
Old 02-01-2019, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonlightblue
Great price, good deal as long as everything checks out mechanically. You may want to run over all over the known issues with this first model year, as I know that there are at least a few.. And of course you'll want all updates/recalls completed. Otherwise enjoy!
‘good advice
Old 02-01-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I concur!
Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

couple of things I would suggest - in terms of options - the adaptive CC is really a must have - I REALLY like the HUD as well. do you care about the sport suspension at all? the LED Headlights are worth it as well.

that's really the major things I see missing. Oh yes - the 4 zone Climate Control is nice to have as well.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yea, there are definitely some more options I would like to have, but the biggest things were 3.0, low miles, in this price range. I could afford something more expensive, but the...opportunity costs just didn’t make them reasonable.

I’ve settled on this one for those reasons. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything seen (or unseen) with this one that you guys could make me aware of. I really appreciate the feedback!
Old 02-01-2019, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Sinder, that's a good service history. While I prefer 5K oil change intervals this one has been serviced by the book and some things have been handled already -- catalytic converter replacement, carbon removal service, new battery, new brake pads on at least one axle, fuel line replacement -- all good. The fact that one dealer did all the service is also a good thing -- perhaps the prior owner had Audi Care and the fact that car was seen by the dealer at regular intervals is indicative of a caring owner. The 55K service is a major one and looks from the Carfax that it was done which is another positive. If car passes the PPI I say proceed. Make your deal contingent upon your final inspection/test drive upon arrival at selling dealer (unless you are having it shipped but I strongly recommend that if you intend to go forward you buy a one way ticket or convince a friend/family member to take a road trip with you because there is nothing like seeing, smelling and driving the car yourself) and make sure your contract or email correspondence requires full refund of any deposit you give dealer if you are not satisfied in your sole and absolute discretion with your personal inspection and test drive. Good luck!

Best,
Jeff
Old 02-02-2019, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a great car in terms of miles, price, and pictures. Not my ideal spec, but as a car this one is in exceptional condition. Hopefully it passes the PPI and you enjoy it.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Awesome replies, thanks guys! There are a few other features I’d like to have, but this one checks the major boxes. Audi is doing the one open recall. I was supposed to go get it today, but now it’s looking like next Friday.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It maybe too late response, and I am not sure how important this feature is to you.
On 2012, keyless entry was option even for the Premium Plus, so make sure to check it.
My sister-in-law complaint about not having it on her 2012 A6 for a long time.

Quick Reply: I think I’ve finally found “The One”