Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

India's Audi A6 Premium GPS NAVIGATION

Old 07-02-2014, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 185 Likes on 128 Posts

If audi refuses to do so your only option is an aftermarket installer once all the parts are identified. Someone here may know what those are but I highly doubt an Audi buyer would go the route of trying to install a factory setup aftermarket. Too expensive and the possibility of problems once someone tries to pull all that parts out to install the right items like a gps antenna etc is pretty high. There are so many better options.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
If audi refuses to do so your only option is an aftermarket installer once all the parts are identified. Someone here may know what those are but I highly doubt an Audi buyer would go the route of trying to install a factory setup aftermarket. Too expensive and the possibility of problems once someone tries to pull all that parts out to install the right items like a gps antenna etc is pretty high. There are so many better options.
Thanks @Atlanta.. I seriously hate Indian car market. Spending $100,000 on car that is also not fully equipped where I can get Audi A8 in US for this price. Anyway car is superb performance wise. I will talk to concerned person in workshop may be they could help. If not, Garmin would be the best option available.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slaich2000
Thanks @Atlanta.. I seriously hate Indian car market. Spending $100,000 on car that is also not fully equipped where I can get Audi A8 in US for this price. Anyway car is superb performance wise. I will talk to concerned person in workshop may be they could help. If not, Garmin would be the best option available.
Hi @ slaich2000,

When you say $100,000 is that US DOLLARS? That's an extreme for the cost in India. Aren't you better off buying the car in Germany and having it shipped to India? - Mind you, you may have to pay a heavy import tax.

I think some German retailers will build a UK spec car (RHD). I think if you get the 3G module in the car, it will download Google Maps for the area you're driving in (again not sure about this, you'll have to research).
Old 07-02-2014, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sbarlas
When you say $100,000 is that US DOLLARS? That's an extreme for the cost in India. Aren't you better off buying the car in Germany and having it shipped to India? - Mind you, you may have to pay a heavy import tax.
How do UK prices compare? It seems like Germany pays the same numbers in Euro as US does in dollars! E.g. the S7 I saw sitting in the Munich Audi Forum was priced at $80-something thousand Euro and the one at my dealer in the US was priced at $80-something thousand dollars....

So an A6 at around $60k would be EUR 60K or about $80k, add in 20% tax and OP's prices don't seem that much worse?
Old 07-02-2014, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
How do UK prices compare? It seems like Germany pays the same numbers in Euro as US does in dollars! E.g. the S7 I saw sitting in the Munich Audi Forum was priced at $80-something thousand Euro and the one at my dealer in the US was priced at $80-something thousand dollars....

So an A6 at around $60k would be EUR 60K or about $80k, add in 20% tax and OP's prices don't seem that much worse?
Uk Prices are more expensive when you convert to EUROS, but you can negotiate with dealers and get a good discount. There is a site here in the UK that allows you to enter the exact spec of your Audi, it then contacts your local dealers on your behalf and the dealers then give you a final price with a discount. Check this : http://www.carwow.co.uk/

I managed to get an offer of a £3,500 discount off an Audi Q5 Tdi S-Line plus. And that was without me doing any work in speaking to dealers.

You can check the UK AUDI site : http://www.audi.co.uk is that allows you to configure your Audi with a final price.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Numerous countries post OTD prices on the window which seem inflated but that is the "Out The Door" price. The prices in US seem low until you get hit with the famous tax, license, dealer prep, dealer added options and dealer markup.
It therefore makes it difficult to compare apples to apples without knowing the pitches in different countries.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
Numerous countries post OTD prices on the window which seem inflated but that is the "Out The Door" price. The prices in US seem low until you get hit with the famous tax, license, dealer prep, dealer added options and dealer markup.
It therefore makes it difficult to compare apples to apples without knowing the pitches in different countries.
Doesn't the US online configurator give you a final price including all those taxes and prep etc? Here in the UK , it's pretty much spelled out for you what extra you're paying on top of the price of the car.

So in the UK we have a Recommended Retail Pricing (RRP) and then the
Recommended On The Road Price (ROTR) which includes charges such as delivery charge, half tank of fuel and number plates , first registration fee, Road Fund License.

See below :
Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 16.40.33.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  17.8 KB
Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sbarlas
Hi @ slaich2000,

I think some German retailers will build a UK spec car (RHD). I think if you get the 3G module in the car, it will download Google Maps for the area you're driving in (again not sure about this, you'll have to research).
Hi @ Sbarlas

The cost of especially luxury cars in India is tremendously expensive. If I buy car from Germany say the import duty is too high that would cost more than $100,000. Indian government is very alert in these cases. Also, car would not be under international warranty. I hope MMI is equipped with 3G low.. How do I check it? May be navigation could be installed with low 3G access too..

Secondly, you all would be surprised to know that this model doesn't come with mmi remote for rear seat.. Horrible 😲😧.. If I purchase mmi remote will that work with my current car's mmi?

Thanks guys for kind support 😊👍..
Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Banned

Hi @ Sbarlas

The cost of especially luxury cars in India is tremendously expensive. If I buy car from Germany say the import duty is too high that would cost more than $100,000. Indian government is very alert in these cases. Also, car would not be under international warranty. I hope MMI is equipped with 3G low.. How do I check it? May be navigation could be installed with low 3G access too..

Secondly, you all would be surprised to know that this model doesn't come with mmi remote for rear seat.. Horrible 😲😧.. If I purchase mmi remote will that work with my current car's mmi?

US Cars don't have MMI remotes for the rear seat either. Thats A8 Executive Package exclusive.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi @ Sbarlas

It will have a SIM tray in the console where the SD cards slot into , that way you'll know it if has 3G . Check this :

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 23.04.39.jpg
Views: 4969
Size:  19.3 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: India's Audi A6 Premium GPS NAVIGATION