Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Installed new wheel bearings and now have a christmas tree

Old 04-27-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new wheel bearings and now have a christmas tree

I have a 2012 Audi A6 quatro premium with a shupercharged v6. Installed new wheel bearings on both front wheels. MAJOR PITA! Anyhow, got everything put back together and I have an abs, stability control, parking brake and tpms malfunction dash lights. While doing bearings, I disconnected the brake wear sensor on left side along with unplugging the abs sensor. I did not however remove the abs sensors on either side. I thought it went back together without damage but the left side did look kind of funky inside the hub. I tried clearing the codes with a carista obd device but they will not clear. Is it possible I damaged the sensor(s) and do they also control stability control due to (i believe) them sensing wheel speed? Please tell me I don't have to remove the hubs again to repair this issue. Id rather clamp certain body parts in a vice. Not sure why the parking brake error light would flash. I did have the parking brakes on while the front wheels were in the air. Also had to push brake pistons in a hair to get calipers back on but they would hardly move at all. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to search but there is nothing specific.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the fault lights you include in your post are related to control systems assessing the vehicle moving, including the parking brake. Had the same "christmas tree" of lights due to a faulty rear wheel bearing/abs sensor. An Audi independent workshop replaced both items for me and all faults cleared. Sorry, but don't have any further clues as to whether your problem is bearing or sensor related.

John.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good chance it will be a faulty sensor. Fault code should relate to that as well. Hub does not need to come off to replace the sensor. Spray it with penetrating fluid first as it might be a bit stuck being a MY12. Remove the hex bolt and wiggle it and pulling it upwards at the same time. Try to get a genuine one as well. Everything else you did previously should not have caused any faults to be logged