Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

I've noticed that there are no real mods for the car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've noticed that there are no real mods for the car...

and nobody is posting really much in the way of mods. Wondering if the car is too new or what. When I had my BMW, bimmerfest was full of posts regarding all the different mods.

I'd like to get black exhaust tips (not available yet - some sites say they are, but don't buy them, they don't fit), maybe a rear lip spoiler (nope), black emblems (nada - I had mine painted but would like to get better quality ones). And yes, these are tiny little things but make the car stand out more.

Everyone's grandmother has the A6, and I'd like it to look sportier and different. The black front emblem does make the car look mean I have to say and with no front plate, it's cool.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

not much is out for the c7 yet I think awe is working on exhaust now and as for a Chip IDK
Old 09-07-2012, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaS6
Everyone's grandmother has the A6, and I'd like it to look sportier and different.
Lol, that's how I feel about the 5-series and maybe why so many people are quick to mod so that their car doesn't get mistaken for Gammy's.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I'm starting to notice the granny mobiles syndrome as well. I should of went with the A7.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I thought about the A7 but it was almost $10k more with the options and unfortunately, I have 3 kids and a wife and that car only seats 4. Same with the Panamera. Was considering a Panamera in a few years when I can afford a used one but again, 4 seater.

If I bought a 5 series, which I probably will in the next few years, it'll be with the M package, much different looking car then the standard 5. And they do make a cool little carbon fiber lip spoiler for the trunk that looks very very cool on a white car. And they have carbon fiber mirror caps as well that match. Black out the grill, put 20s on it, and it's a monster looking car.

Oh well, just have to wait and see what comes out I guess. wish the didn't make the Audi ring logos bigger on the A6 then the last model, coulda used those.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I disagree about the Gammy car... I live near the North Shore of Long Island, (quite a wealthy area) and I seldom see C7 A6s... I see 1,000,001 BMW 5 Series & E350s.

As for the mods, here is what is available so far .. ABT stuff is only in EU. You would need to import

H&R Springs
H&R Coilovers
Stasis Suspension (Springs & Sway Bar)
Stasis Exhaust
Stasis SS Brake Lines
Stasis BBK (I think 4 piston)
Brembo BBK (I think 6 piston)
AWE Exhaust
ABT Front Lip
ABT Side Skirts
ABT Rear Valance
ABT Trunk Spoiler

You can probably make your own custom air intake, should give your s/c'er a little bit of whine
Old 09-09-2012, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Since I ordered mine and while I was out test driving I've only seen 1 2013 A6 in the last several months and it was White. Any older Audi's I see are all black and or Grey. I've never seen my Aviator Blue in the area of No. Va, but have seen too many BMW 3's and 5's.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks at1183. I am really only looking at exterior mods, not looking to really upgrade the suspension, engine, etc. Wish I could but then I figure I'd just buy an S6! If i could afford it, which I can't. And I change cars every 2-3 years as I put about 25k miles on it a year. I should lease but again, the mileage causes a problem with that idea.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by at1183
I disagree about the Gammy car... I live near the North Shore of Long Island, (quite a wealthy area) and I seldom see C7 A6s... I see 1,000,001 BMW 5 Series & E350s.
I think it really depends on where you are. C7 A6's are rare as hens teeth here, I've seen one black one in town a couple of times, that is it. Mine never fails to get stares, especially when someone sees it coming head on (between the big grille, and LED DRLs, its very distinctive looking). Parked next to a guy with a Merc E class with temp plates the other day. We had a nice conversation about how nice the cars in this class ALL are.

The one car that is VERY common here is BMWs. I probably see at least 2 5 series ever time I got out. Nice cars, but everywhere.

When I was in St Louis this summer, I saw LOTS of A6's. Was very surprised.

jc
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by at1183

As for the mods, here is what is available so far .. ABT stuff is only in EU. You would need to import

H&R Springs
H&R Coilovers
Stasis Suspension (Springs & Sway Bar)
Stasis Exhaust
Stasis SS Brake Lines
Stasis BBK (I think 4 piston)
Brembo BBK (I think 6 piston)
AWE Exhaust
ABT Front Lip
ABT Side Skirts
ABT Rear Valance
ABT Trunk Spoiler

You can probably make your own custom air intake, should give your s/c'er a little bit of whine
+1

I am in LA and don't see C7 A6'a that often. Also it is definitely not a Grammy car...IMO, it looks much better than the A7...also, the LED headlights look much better on the A6 than the A7.

Also with the Statis Brakes, jrAudi just got them, and I believe that he said they were 6-piston as well...are you sure about that?

Quick Reply: I've noticed that there are no real mods for the car...