Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Just bought 2017 A6 competition pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 2017 A6 competition pack

Hi guys, I just bought my first Audi, a 2017 A6 competition pack. I wanted know if there are a few beginners mods you guys recommend. Like visual mods for lip spoilers or anything. My car is Daytona gray sitting 20 inch wheels, I'll add a image as an attachment. Please let me know what you guys thing I should do to my car first. Don't wanna do performance mods yet as they will void warranty. Thanks
Old 03-30-2019, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Forgot to add something

Hey guys forgot to say that I switched over from a 2011 BMW 535i and also that I am getting the basic things done. Like ceramic tinting, 0% in the back and 35% in the front, ceramic coat on whole car, and 3m paint protection on hood, fenders, side mirrors and handles.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice car! Did you swap out the wheels? Those are not the correct set of wheels for the competition package. Do you have red calipers or korso stitched seats?

Wheels and tint are probably the main things. They have some front splitters that look okay. Rear spoliers don't look good on the A6 IMHO. Some swap out the front grill as well.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Sway bars are the best bang for the buck and they don’t void the warranty. You may also want to take a look at what tires you are currently running because tires are another spot for improvement. If you want to go with appearance items, get a full paint correction and then install XPEL Ultimate film and ceramic coat the car.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Speedooooo
Nice car! Did you swap out the wheels? Those are not the correct set of wheels for the competition package. Do you have red calipers or korso stitched seats?

Wheels and tint are probably the main things. They have some front splitters that look okay. Rear spoliers don't look good on the A6 IMHO. Some swap out the front grill as well.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I didn't know that those are not the right wheels. When I bought the car from the dealer those are the rims it came with, maybe the previous owner made his spec like that. And yes, I have red calipers and the interior is black with red stitching. Tints I'm getting on Wednesday 0% all in the back and 35 in the front. I was also looking to swap out the front grill, for something like the honeycomb grill like the rs6. If by any chance you live near Toronto would you happen to know I good place I can by that from.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Sway bars are the best bang for the buck and they don’t void the warranty. You may also want to take a look at what tires you are currently running because tires are another spot for improvement. If you want to go with appearance items, get a full paint correction and then install XPEL Ultimate film and ceramic coat the car.
Thanks for getting back to me. On Wednesday I'm getting most of those things done to my car, ceramic tinting and ceramic coating. I also looked into the difference between 3M and XPEL, and it seems that XPEL is the better choice even though it's a bit more expensive. I don't know what a full paint correction is though. And also if by any chance you live near Toronto, would you happen to know a good place where I can buy the sway bars from?
Old 03-31-2019, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have been very happy with my Eurocode sway bars. I bought them on line and had my Audi dealer install them.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I have been very happy with my Eurocode sway bars. I bought them on line and had my Audi dealer install them.
Ok thanks will take a look.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Some people have also been happy with 035 Motorsport bars. I don’t have any experience with those bars.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Maybe the wheels are different in Canada. You can't spec the competition package with those wheels in the US.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...video-2967455/
Check out this thread for the grill. Buying online is easier. Stone Carbon is the seller.

Did some of you swap out the sway bars? I could see needing that on a Q5, but the A6 is pretty grounded, especially with the sports/competition package.

Quick Reply: Just bought 2017 A6 competition pack