Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Just picked up 2012 A6 - Ibis White...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the opposite actually - white is the easiest color to maintain and then silver. All the darker colors are difficult with flat black being the absolute worse. Keep in mind I'm not discussing visual appeal but rather strictly from the detailing perspective.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by addysdaddy
Just the opposite actually - white is the easiest color to maintain and then silver. All the darker colors are difficult with flat black being the absolute worse. Keep in mind I'm not discussing visual appeal but rather strictly from the detailing perspective.
You are very correct with your statement. When EXTREMELY dirty, that is when white looks the worst. I've had all dark color cars with the exception of one silver and it was by far the easiest to keep clean. Unless you are meticulous about the exterior of your car, lighter colors are definitely the way to go.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car & color combination, Congratulations!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

LOL !! looks exactly like mine !!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you typically keep after your ride and wash it 1x week and order a white car, you will never ever look back. lol. Yes I love how a black car looks and those dark blues, grays & greens can also fantastic, that is of course till you drive it for a week and have to live with it always looking dirty. haha. YMMV but I alternate between white and silver. Super easy to maintain and really hides the dirt. Try it, I'm pretty sure you'll be thrilled with the low maintenance. FWIW, when Audi unveiled the A6 in Paris, it was Ibis White.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Just ordered white A6

Originally Posted by Dan759
Agreed with regard to the "tattoo." I might be able to remove it on my own...

With regard to the wood trim, I'll have to say more to come. I have only had glossy wood finishes on other cars as well. It certainly looks sharp, in my opinion.
Dan759, I came across your post when I search for "white Audi A6" - I just ordered mine today (as luck would have it a car fitting my configuration is arriving at the port in two weeks) and will have it the first week of January - Ibis White, Nougat Brown, Prestige, Innovation, B&O, 20" Sport. Have been wanting an A6 for years and now it's time. Don't think I'm miss the Boxster at all. Hope to post pics soon.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Will be getting my A6 White/Nougat Prestige car in two weeks. Curious to know if anyone has done anything cool or stylish with any aftermarket product. Always looking to dress it up a little. Thx.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by fdot
wheres the pix lol
It's a real beauty - are you going to do anything in addition to the tints? Will be receiving my white A6 in 2-3 weeks - looking for advice and tips. Thx.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Getting tint?

I have a White/Nougat Prestige and tinting sets it apart nicely. I got the Audi rubber mats and that is about it. A beautiful color combination. Which wood did you select?

I got mine in Sept. Did you get much of a discount?

J

Originally Posted by kemmiller
Will be getting my A6 White/Nougat Prestige car in two weeks. Curious to know if anyone has done anything cool or stylish with any aftermarket product. Always looking to dress it up a little. Thx.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats! I picked up my Ibis White Prestige with Velvet Beige interior last week and am loving it. I have to say, the Nougat does look stunning with the white...

Quick Reply: Just picked up 2012 A6 - Ibis White...