Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Lighting package Vs ambient lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting package Vs ambient lighting

Hi guys,

This is my first post here and need a some help from you guys. I'm ordering my Audi A6 2015 (new facelift). I'm confused in the difference between ambient lighting and lighting package options. The local car dealer gave me mixed answers and the brochure aint too clear about it either.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the two? Are there some additional interior lighting in the ambient lighting package which the regular lighting package does not have? Or is it simply that the yellow interior lights are replaced with LEDs and there are no extra lighting in the ambient lighting package?. I've heard both answers and am confused.

And lastly do you recommend going with the ambient lighting package or should I just stick to the regular lighting package

Pictures would be great. Thanks
Old 02-17-2015, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammk
Are there some additional interior lighting in the ambient lighting package which the regular lighting package does not have?
Yes. The door panels and center console have additional lighting. There may be more.

And lastly do you recommend going with the ambient lighting package or should I just stick to the regular lighting package
If I was ordering, I would go with both options.

Thread about ambiant lighting -> https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...s-led-2836527/

Video showing different styles of ambient lighting.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 178 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammk
Hi guys,

This is my first post here and need a some help from you guys. I'm ordering my Audi A6 2015 (new facelift). I'm confused in the difference between ambient lighting and lighting package options. The local car dealer gave me mixed answers and the brochure aint too clear about it either.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the two? Are there some additional interior lighting in the ambient lighting package which the regular lighting package does not have? Or is it simply that the yellow interior lights are replaced with LEDs and there are no extra lighting in the ambient lighting package?. I've heard both answers and am confused.

Pictures would be great. Thanks
You don't say where you are and this is one area where there is local market variation, but as you say 2015 and facelift I suspect you may be Europe as the facelift model in the US is the 2016 model.

In the UK the standard lighting in the car is tungsten bulbs to all of the interior lights (mainlight, mirror lights and map lights F&R) except for the door activated footwell lights which are LED as are the small red lights that light the centre console from above). The interior door handles and ashtrays are also illuminated. Adding the Lighting pack upgrades all of the bulbs to LED and also adds lighting to the armrest storage compartment, adds active red lights to the rear doors when open and also puddle lights for the rear doors, lights to the exterior door handlesa nd some additional door panel lighting. The Ambient Lighting, which can only be added on top of the Lighting Pack, adds non-reflective lighting throughout the interior an also lighting to the door pockets.