Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

List your gripes

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default List your gripes

I love the C7 but here are a few features that Audi can improve upon/add IMO:

-Standard First aid kit
-Intergrate the compass back into the rear view mirror
-Bring back the dual mirrors in the sun visors
-Redesign the awful sounding Bose system and have smaller woofers in the door panels
-Change to ceramic pads
-Fix the mmi screen open/close feature to stay closed
-Option to turn off the convenience wipe
-Volume control on the warning tone
-Make the led lights brighter & a little warmer
-Bottle Jack over the widowmaker
-More light in the trunk
-Go back to the open button on the glove box in additon to the keyed lock
-Move the blinkers back to the fenders as opposed to the side mirrors
-Bring back the headlight washers (dumbest idea IMO)
-Bring back the oil dipstick in addition to the MMI
-Panoramic sunroof
Old 02-20-2014, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r1racer
-Standard First aid kit
OK, but it's only like $25
-Intergrate the compass back into the rear view mirror
Yep
-Bring back the dual mirrors in the sun visors
Are they gone? I have them in 2012 model
-Redesign the awful sounding Bose system and have smaller woofers in the door panels
-Change to ceramic pads
Only if they're just as effective at stopping. The breaks are strong now and while the dust is annoying, I am willing to tolerate it
-Fix the mmi screen open/close feature to stay closed
Yep, totally.
-Option to turn off the convenience wipe
I happen to like it. Make it optional.
-Volume control on the warning tone
OK-Make the led lights brighter & a little warmer
-Bottle Jack over the widowmaker
What is that?-More light in the trunk
-Go back to the open button on the glove box in additon to the keyed lock
OK
-Move the blinkers back to the fenders as opposed to the side mirrors
Why?
-Bring back the headlight washers (dumbest idea IMO)
Fine either way. The washers often leak (at least my experience with BMW).
-Bring back the oil dipstick in addition to the MMI
Yep.
-Panoramic sunroof
Personally, don't care.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a lot of gripes. Are you sure you bought the right car for you?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was told you can buy the dipstick as an accessory because the plug can be easily removed, but I have been told this so grain of salt taken..

Also, I think the side mirror indicator signal is ideal because while driving in a smaller car, you may not always see the fender indicator, as in looking at a car next to you on the passenger side. I feel every car should have this, but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Banned

Panoramic sunroofs are awful!!! They ALWAYS squeak and rattle. Thats why you won't find them on many high end cars. Not offered on any Bentley, Rolls Royce, BMW 5 or 7 series, etc. Its just a nuisance.

I'm fine with the MMI screen opening. I think it looks dumb closed. Wish I could completely turn off the stereo and leave it open though. None of this Mute bull****. Speaking of which, the stereo turning on every time you start the car is stupid as well, which goes back to it just being Muted instead of off with the screen up.

I'd like to see more wood in the cabin. There are areas of flat plastic that could easily be wood covered, but for whatever reason aren't. They should be. Even if its just hydrodipped, it should look like wood instead of plastic.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Worst Navigation system ever. If it registers 50% of the locations I input I'm shocked
Old 02-20-2014, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer

-Standard First aid kit - Audi kit will be $120, Costco = $25
-Intergrate the compass back into the rear view mirror - If you need a compass then you probably need navigation so use the screen.
-Bring back the dual mirrors in the sun visors - ?
-Redesign the awful sounding Bose system and have smaller woofers in the door panels - If the Bose system was any good then they would never sell the grossly inflated B&O. To move low frequencies at any volume then going smaller is an expensive option.
-Change to ceramic pads - Way too expensive for this car and useless for everyday driving. They don't work well unless they are hot which is why they may be useful for racing but for freeways they are terrible.
-Fix the mmi screen open/close feature to stay closed - It is too tough to read when it's closed besides that would negate 50% of why people buy luxury cars.

-Option to turn off the convenience wipe - my bathroom has it so why shouldn't my car.
-Volume control on the warning tone - just a Mute button would work for me. Other countries don't have insulting beeps to tell you that the door is open, they assume that you are smart enough to know that.

-Make the led lights brighter & a little warmer - My car has LED's everywhere from headlights to door lights so which ones were you referring to?
-Bottle Jack over the widowmaker - Call AAA and have them use their jack.
-More light in the trunk - Change the bulb to a higher wattage.

-Go back to the open button on the glove box in additon to the keyed lock - The glove box is too small for the owners manual so the door design is really low in the priority list.
-Move the blinkers back to the fenders as opposed to the side mirrors - The old side markers are gone for good. The mirror location is far more recognizable and therefore may save your life.

-Bring back the headlight washers (dumbest idea IMO) - It should be on an option package because I have absolutely no use for them.

-Bring back the oil dipstick in addition to the MMI - - If I need to check the oil then either my car or my mechanic is failing. Why not have the oil level displayed in the MMI, pressing a button to check oil is a lot more convenient than a dipstick that is from the 1930's.
-Panoramic sunroof
- I don't even want a sun roof yet alone some enormous glass monstrosity to allow glare, noise and to crack the leather.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DasA6
I was told you can buy the dipstick as an accessory because the plug can be easily removed, but I have been told this so grain of salt taken..
The dipstick for the 3.0T has a VW number and is fairly cheap. The number has been posted here a few times.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cupholders!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

None of those items on the OP's list bother me except perhaps a stronger light in the trunk and even at that, you can wire an inexpensive LED strip easily enough. A few I wouldn't want at all i.e. a pano sunroof and turn signal lamps on the fenders. Headlight washers I've found use up the windshield washer fluid at an alarming rate, don't work all that well, spray as much on the hood as the headlights and usually end up breaking anyway before long (they all died on two of my Audis that had them - never bothered to fix them).

The dipstick is easily solved with this (3.0T engine):
http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/in...w=11&maxRow=10

And I love the MMI/Nav Plus system with Audi Connect and the large screen.

Quick Reply: List your gripes