Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

List your gripes

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
How about these Koni Shocks--$300 for the pair of Rear Shocks

http://www.carid.com/2012-audi-a6-su...-16476984.html
I'd put on a whole set of those if I went that way, front and rear. Looking at the Bilstein PSS10 system. Reading great things about them, but they're pricey.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Best overall car I've ever owned. And I've had 36 of them.
Aye to that!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Banned

I think the prestige trim provides more ambiance and features that puts the car on par with its price tag.

The car is damn near perfect in my book, but this is my first real Audi.

Based on OP's gripes, I think the 2010 A6 would be a better choice, and I don't see anything wrong with that. However, go out there and compare the A6 to the 5-series and E-class and I think you'll look past your gripes rather quickly.

My only observation is that the parking sensor audio doesn't match the corner in which the obstacle is displayed on MMI.

I also agree that B&O should be more affordable, but cars are not ideal listening environments. Someone on this forum once posed the question about whether or not an A6 B&O owner has invested the same or more amount in their home system first. I guess this is a good question, and I haven't invested $6k at home, so I left B&O off my list. But if I lived in an apartment or loft or someplace in the city, I could see B&O in the A6 as a nice thing to have.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I forgot to add that waterproofing the MMI console should be no 1 on the list.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should be able to download our own NAV map updates & install them.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My list is very short.

1. All models should come with the same climatronic controls found in the Prestige. It's stunning that I paid more for this car than I did my B8 S4, but I have climatronic controls that are inferior to the S4.

2. The Sports Package, in my opinion, should come with a seat that offers more bolstering. I'm pretty sure that's the case with the s-line package in the Q5...sure Audi could have thrown us a bone and slapped some better seats in the car with the Sports Package.

3. Black headliner should be standard. Minor quibble, but for those of us who purchased our cars off the lot, it's obviously frustrating to be stuck with the grey or whatever it is I have in my car.

Would I ditch the car because I don't have the above...hell no.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My biggest issue is with the steering wheel controls. I think it is cool to have the ability to control so much info in the DIS but there should be dedicated buttons for changing the station or the next track. This is something I do at a minimum 30 times everytime I am in the car. I use them more than even the volume control and it is the only car I have been in which does not have them. It drives me crazy.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
My biggest issue is with the steering wheel controls. I think it is cool to have the ability to control so much info in the DIS but there should be dedicated buttons for changing the station or the next track. This is something I do at a minimum 30 times everytime I am in the car. I use them more than even the volume control and it is the only car I have been in which does not have them. It drives me crazy.
You can set the * to do that. Its in the MMI.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Unless you have the Cold Weather Package in which case the * button is only used for the heated steering wheel.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Like Snagit mentioned, the * is the heat button for me which makes it all the more frustrating that I paid extra for an 'option' that took away other features.

Quick Reply: List your gripes