Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Location of cooling fan fuse(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank Matt, the car is not over heating so will check the fans good tip (wouldn't you know it we have cool temps today!!)
Old 05-11-2019, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anyone know four-square wrench size and the tightening torque spec for the cross-member attachment bolts? Looks like I may have to dig into this area. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't remember the size of the triple square bit, but the tightening torque is 20 Nm, per the repair manual.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you a44mark.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much for this thread. My symptoms were A/C blowing warm air when stationary, but blows cold air when moving. Also, the engine overheated a bit on a particularly hot day last week here in Raleigh. Getting these fuses today to fix it up. Here's the pic of blown fuses in my case:

The following users liked this post:
Mattbult (04-26-2021)
Old 06-10-2019, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey, thanks for sharing, glad it helped. Definitely looks familiar!

Originally Posted by KickAss
Thank you very much for this thread. My symptoms were A/C blowing warm air when stationary, but blows cold air when moving. Also, the engine overheated a bit on a particularly hot day last week here in Raleigh. Getting these fuses today to fix it up. Here's the pic of blown fuses in my case:

Old 06-18-2019, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I have the exact same car - and the exact same problem.

I came across this thread and I can't wait to get home at the end of the week to take a look at this to see if this is my issue. First symptoms were warm air when not driving - but ok, drove like that for 300 miles in 2 days. Started care the next day and got the coolant fault error - drive for a little bit just to see what was happening and sure enough the car started getting warm. Parked the car and made an appiontment at the dealer for next week. Now I'm going to try and source these before that.

N10424902 appears to be the part number - is that correct?

Also - is there a good manual for clearning codes? I have the thing to attach to the car - just never used it.

Thanks!!
Mattbult (10-21-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely check these fuses if you can before bringing in and spending $$$, I bet that's the culprit.

Yes, part info: Littelfuse Fuse Strip; 40 Amp Strip Fuse, HSB Type; 30mm Center-Center Distance P/N: N10424902. You can get them for $0.50 each at www.autohausaz.com.

You can reset the codes using vagcom, but you should also be able to rest *everything* with a standard OBD2 reader, $20 or less at the autoparts store.

Good luck!

-matt

Originally Posted by DrewFus
I came across this thread and I can't wait to get home at the end of the week to take a look at this to see if this is my issue. First symptoms were warm air when not driving - but ok, drove like that for 300 miles in 2 days. Started care the next day and got the coolant fault error - drive for a little bit just to see what was happening and sure enough the car started getting warm. Parked the car and made an appiontment at the dealer for next week. Now I'm going to try and source these before that.

N10424902 appears to be the part number - is that correct?

Also - is there a good manual for clearning codes? I have the thing to attach to the car - just never used it.

Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2019, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I want to thank you guys for saving me $3200 in parts + labor. My 2012 A6 started blowing hot air from the AC at stop lights, then normal once moving again. Got stuck in traffic behind a line painting truck and after about 45 minutes started to overheat. About the time I got the warning, the truck pulled off. Once rolling the temp came back to normal before I could find a place to pull over. Took it to the dealer and they diagnosed a problem with a switch, can't remember what they called it. They fixed that part for $327. Then noted that both fans weren't working. $1600 a piece for the fans. Seemed really strange to me that 2 $1600 fans would die at the same time so I didn't let them do the repair. Took it to a non dealer and they priced the fans for me. Unfortunately the same price- no other source for the part.

Decided to check around on the internet and stumbled across the thread. Found the same blown fuses. Out $15 for the triple square bits (it was the M10 by the way) and $2 for fuses (got a couple of extras). Car has been running perfectly for 2 weeks since then.

Thanks again
Mattbult (10-21-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Man, I love to hear stories like this! Thanks so much for sharing and glad this thread could help. BTW, my folks live in tiny Troy NC, so I am in the Uwharries at least once a year! Have a great week...

-matt

Originally Posted by UwharriePirate
I want to thank you guys for saving me $3200 in parts + labor. My 2012 A6 started blowing hot air from the AC at stop lights, then normal once moving again. Got stuck in traffic behind a line painting truck and after about 45 minutes started to overheat. About the time I got the warning, the truck pulled off. Once rolling the temp came back to normal before I could find a place to pull over. Took it to the dealer and they diagnosed a problem with a switch, can't remember what they called it. They fixed that part for $327. Then noted that both fans weren't working. $1600 a piece for the fans. Seemed really strange to me that 2 $1600 fans would die at the same time so I didn't let them do the repair. Took it to a non dealer and they priced the fans for me. Unfortunately the same price- no other source for the part.

Decided to check around on the internet and stumbled across the thread. Found the same blown fuses. Out $15 for the triple square bits (it was the M10 by the way) and $2 for fuses (got a couple of extras). Car has been running perfectly for 2 weeks since then.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Location of cooling fan fuse(s)?