Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Looking for a 2016 A6 Prestiege...should I wait

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 2016 A6 Prestiege...should I wait

I’ve had an S8 and and A8L in the past but had to move to a pickup 5 years ago for the utility of it. My teen is going to get my pickup so I’m looking for another Audi and have settled on a pre-owned A6 Prestiege. Likely a grey or black 2016. I’ve kept my eye on used prices over the last six months but they seem not to have budged. I’m wondering if the PODS recall is limiting inventory and if once the fix is in we’ll see the market flooded and prices take a one-time drop. Any thoughts on how this is going to play out? Thanks
Old 09-16-2018, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most (if not all) Prestige A6's have comfort seats which aren't subject to the PODS recall and I am not even 100% sure if the stop sale applies to used cars, though it probably does. Still, you ought to be able to find a prestige model with the ventilated seats that won't be under recall.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

The comfort seats(massage function) on the A6 is no where near as nice as the A8/S8. The A6 regular seats are very bad, and a lot of people know this is true. Also, it'll be hard to find a pre-owned A6(low mileage) with that option, for a good price.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have no complaints about the seat comfort in my A6 which has the standard seats so I think a statement like "the A6 regular seats are very bad" is probably an overstatement. I guess it is just a matter of personal preference or maybe it's a matter of not being able to fit comfortably into a standard seat makes some people complain but I don't see a ton of complaints about them online.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nhdoc
I have no complaints about the seat comfort in my A6 which has the standard seats so I think a statement like "the A6 regular seats are very bad" is probably an overstatement. I guess it is just a matter of personal preference or maybe it's a matter of not being able to fit comfortably into a standard seat makes some people complain but I don't see a ton of complaints about them online.
You don’t have to leave the first page of this forum to find complaints about the A6 seats, it has come up many times over the years and I have never known a car forum to have so many complaints as the A6.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22

You don’t have to leave the first page of this forum to find complaints about the A6 seats, it has come up many times over the years and I have never known a car forum to have so many complaints as the A6.
Gads. After a few weeks on this forum you definitely stand out. Dr. Doom. Did someone take a s(85 in your Cheerios? The first real discussion of the seats in the A6 that I can find was in July, which is several pages back. Certainly not on the first page. The discussion there involved people that owned other models too, not just the A6. Anyway, they seemed to love the comfort seats and were mixed in the standard seats, some loved them, some didn’t. That seems to be pretty normal for all Audi discussions. As far as complaints in general, your statement that the A6 forum has the most complaints period is pretty lame. After a couple years on the A4 forum, I don’t think you are very accurate in that at all.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22

It sounds like a case of someone trying to justify the upgraded seats in their car. After having owned Mercedes and Audi I can say the Audi A6 standard seats are more comfortable than the Mercedes E class and, as I said, I have one with standard seats (and this is my third A6 with standard seats, in fact) and have no complaints and don't really see it being a common issue here. Won't take any more bait from a troll, either.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nhdoc
It sounds like a case of someone trying to justify the upgraded seats in their car. After having owned Mercedes and Audi I can say the Audi A6 standard seats are more comfortable than the Mercedes E class and, as I said, I have one with standard seats (and this is my third A6 with standard seats, in fact) and have no complaints and don't really see it being a common issue here. Won't take any more bait from a troll, either.
Don't worry about it, he seems to enjoy doing the hit and run thing. He does this but rarely comes back again. I think you are right about the troll thing. I found the ignore list on the forum though.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gguy

Gads. After a few weeks on this forum you definitely stand out. Dr. Doom. Did someone take a s(85 in your Cheerios? The first real discussion of the seats in the A6 that I can find was in July, which is several pages back. Certainly not on the first page. The discussion there involved people that owned other models too, not just the A6. Anyway, they seemed to love the comfort seats and were mixed in the standard seats, some loved them, some didn’t. That seems to be pretty normal for all Audi discussions. As far as complaints in general, your statement that the A6 forum has the most complaints period is pretty lame. After a couple years on the A4 forum, I don’t think you are very accurate in that at all.
I can confirm that the discussions about uncomfortable seats started at least as far back as early 2014. I know, I was in the discussion. I agree that it was not unanimous but to have numerous people conclude that the seats are not very comfortable is not something that would be expected in a luxury sports sedan. If a Kia had below par seats then you don’t have a lot to complain about but after spending 70k on a German import then I expect better although, as previously stated, Mercedes put out some crap seats as well. German seats are typically snug, hard padding and, by American standards, are frequently “uncomfortable “.
My posts only stand out because I tend to say what others think but won’t say. I am very intolerant of mediocrity when superior could be had for very little additional effort. Don’t get me wrong, I love my A6 but , as with most manufactured goods, it is easy to improve upon if lunacy and bean counters were replaced by free open minded thinking and implementation.

Last edited by DB22; 09-17-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I had an 2017 Audi A6 loner with the regular seats. I am 5' 5", and those seats are terrible. My wife's A6 has the comfort seats, and I don't even like those seats. The A8 and Q7 comfort seats are almost identical. Since I sit on both the Q7's and the A6's comfort seats daily, I can clearly tell there is a huge difference. The Q5's regular seats are just as bad as the A6's regular seats. I'm quite short, and those seats are small for me. I can't even imagine a 6' person sitting for hours on those seats.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 2016 A6 Prestiege...should I wait