Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Looking for a 2016 A6 Prestiege...should I wait

Old 09-19-2018, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Consumer Reports July 2015 Article -

The 10 most comfortable cars on the market

Audi A6 Premium Plus

Consumer Reports
The A6 has a very comfortable ride, and, unlike other Audis we've tested, doesn't feel overly firm at low speeds.

The cabin is exceptionally quiet, with only traces of road noise and a muted engine murmur.

The well-sculpted front seats are also very supportive and comfortable.

So, apparently not *everyone* finds them to be uncomfortable

Old 09-19-2018, 04:19 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I been driving Audis for 25+ years and never found any Audi seat to be uncomfortable. Matter of fact, comfortable car seats are the main talking point of my better half. Audis always are 'the winner'. For the record, any Audi sports seats, 'S' seats in particular, are the winners. A bit more difficult to enter and egress, once you in them it's a done deal .02
Old 09-19-2018, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bpp
I been driving Audis for 25+ years and never found any Audi seat to be uncomfortable. Matter of fact, comfortable car seats are the main talking point of my better half. Audis always are 'the winner'. For the record, any Audi sports seats, 'S' seats in particular, are the winners. A bit more difficult to enter and egress, once you in them it's a done deal .02
I agree. I've been driving A6's for 15 years and the seats have always been good.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22

I can confirm that the discussions about uncomfortable seats started at least as far back as early 2014. I know, I was in the discussion. I agree that it was not unanimous but to have numerous people conclude that the seats are not very comfortable is not something that would be expected in a luxury sports sedan. If a Kia had below par seats then you don’t have a lot to complain about but after spending 70k on a German import then I expect better although, as previously stated, Mercedes put out some crap seats as well. German seats are typically snug, hard padding and, by American standards, are frequently “uncomfortable “.
My posts only stand out because I tend to say what others think but won’t say. I am very intolerant of mediocrity when superior could be had for very little additional effort. Don’t get me wrong, I love my A6 but , as with most manufactured goods, it is easy to improve upon if lunacy and bean counters were replaced by free open minded thinking and implementation.

I have had my A6 for a few month, there are things I really like about it and things that are disappointing. I drove an Acura TL for 7 years and loved it. I wanted to take the next step up in cars and ended up with the A6. I must agree that the seats aren't great at all. I kept thinking that I would get used to them and learn to appreciate them, but the truth is that they are just ok. They are the 3rd most comfortable seats in my driveway.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianM
I have had my A6 for a few month, there are things I really like about it and things that are disappointing. I drove an Acura TL for 7 years and loved it. I wanted to take the next step up in cars and ended up with the A6. I must agree that the seats aren't great at all. I kept thinking that I would get used to them and learn to appreciate them, but the truth is that they are just ok. They are the 3rd most comfortable seats in my driveway.
it is different for everyone. I have the comfort seats and I love them. Everyone that has sat in my car has raved about how comfy the seats are. I’m sorry yours don’t feel that way for you, that would be disappointing.

Last edited by gguy; 09-20-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gguy

it is different for everyone. I have the comfort seats and I love them. Everyone that has sat in my car has raves about how comfy the seats are. I’m sorry yours don’t feel that way for you, that would be disappointing.
When you say comfort seats, you mean the massaging seats right? There is a huge difference between the normal seats and the massaging seats.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by itiongo
When you say comfort seats, you mean the massaging seats right? There is a huge difference between the normal seats and the massaging seats.
I had the standard seats in my A4. I don’t know if those standard seats are the same as the ones in the A6 or not, but I loved those seats too. But yes, the massaging seats are very nice.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm a little confused about comfort seats. I do have the vents in the seats that allow the ac to blow through the holes. However, I don't see any option for massage. I suspect there may be two levels for "comfort" seats.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by UCLABB
I'm a little confused about comfort seats. I do have the vents in the seats that allow the ac to blow through the holes. However, I don't see any option for massage. I suspect there may be two levels for "comfort" seats.
Maybe I've been referring to the wrong seats this whole time? I use the term "comfort seats", because the "Comfort Seating Package" gives you the valcona leather ventilated seats with massage function.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Maybe I've been referring to the wrong seats this whole time? I use the term "comfort seats", because the "Comfort Seating Package" gives you the valcona leather ventilated seats with massage function.
thats what I have too and that’s what I thought the comfort seats were.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for a 2016 A6 Prestiege...should I wait