Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI Connect, remote services?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MMI Connect, remote services?

So I just had the app updated on my phone and realized the picture from the app store shows the options to remotely lock/unlock and perhaps turn the AC on.

Can anyone confirm this works? Apparently I don't see this option in the actual app and it might be the configuration of my car or model.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Car_Enthusiast85
So I just had the app updated on my phone and realized the picture from the app store shows the options to remotely lock/unlock and perhaps turn the AC on.

Can anyone confirm this works? Apparently I don't see this option in the actual app and it might be the configuration of my car or model.
I also could not find the remote lock/unlock function. Actually I was quite confused with the new update. I think the older app file system was easier to use, maybe I just need to spend more time on to figure things out. I have a 2016 model.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I doubt this function it's gonna work with older models vehicles. Besides that when you have advance key you don't even need to press anything to get into the car. Why would I want to open the car with the app - cool man factor ?
Old 09-05-2015, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TH3PERFECTON3
Why would I want to open the car with the app - cool man factor ?
You probably wouldn't but you might want to ensure it's locked from a remote location in case you forgot to do so.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those pictures are from the apple watch, it appears what it's informing you if there is a problem. Like your doors couldnt lock, you'll get a notification on your apple watch.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

If you really want remote door lock capability, Viper offers aftermarket products that can not only operate door locks but can remote start from anywhere on your phone.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Remote unlock and lock function is very useful. I didn't think it would be until my wife's Mercedes offers it through mBrace app and service. my wife sometimes forgets to lock her car when we take mine for dinner or church. She just opens the mBrace app and locks it. Usually takes about 15 seconds for the locking or unlocking to actually do after sending via app.

I wouldn't mind this function for my car...
Old 04-17-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default It works But

The lock and Unlock feature works but you have to tell your dealership to activate it in your car. In some countries the government does not allow it so check with your dealership
Old 08-11-2023, 01:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, MMI Connect offers remote services that allow you to access and control certain features of your vehicle using a smartphone app or online portal. These services can include functions like locking/unlocking doors, checking vehicle status, remote start, and more. It's a convenient way to stay connected legendary warrior to your vehicle even when you're not in it
Old 08-11-2023, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Remote Lock / Unlock is sometimes a feature you have to buy. For my 2019 A5 it is available as a function on demand service you buy in the myAudi app as Remote Services.

Quick Reply: MMI Connect, remote services?