Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI Live Traffic Not Updating HELP WANTED

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MMI Live Traffic Not Updating HELP WANTED

This is more of a curiosity then anything else. I have noticed that my A6 is not providing me with any traffic updates period. The car is still connected to the 3G server (the car displays the 3G level of connection in the bottom right of the screen and has a sim card in it) (although I am not subscribed to Audi Connect), but I do not get any traffic information. When I start a route through the navigation it has a check next to the live traffic updates (therefore indicating that it should work), but I have no colored lines next to the roads (which would indicate the traffic conditions). The settings are set up with traffic updates enabled. I know that I am not subscribed to Audi Connect, but as far as I know the traffic information is not Audi connect dependent. My parents had a 2016 A7 and A5, both of which continued to give traffic information long after their 6 month Audi Connect free trials expired (my parents did not subscribe to Audi Connect). Up until both car's leases ended (39 and 36 months respectively) both cars provided traffic updates and information. The A5 was running on the same MMI roughly as my A6 since the update for the A5's came in 2013. Therefore shouldn't my A6 also be receiving updates. Im going to bring this up with my dealer when the car goes in for routine service in a few weeks, but I wanted to gather some of your thoughts.

*I also posted this on Audizine under the same title and the user name prestige.phantom*
Old 02-23-2019, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Traffic in your year was provided by XM/Sirius. Did your subscription run out and the cars that it worked in have valid subscriptions?
sorry, I checked Audizine after I posted, good answers there.
one other observation, if no Xm radio then no traffic either. If you have Xm radio then you should have traffic. This is different to my Acura where Xm radio is one subscription and Xm traffic is a separate additional one.

Last edited by DB22; 02-23-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Happened to me about a year go. It was a Sirius XM issue. I called them up and took care of it.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

UPDATE: I called Sirius. It turns out that my subscription had run out, which is why I was no longer getting updates. For some reason Sirius no longer includes Traffic and other updates in their radio packages (according to the person I spoke with). So although my radio subscription is up to date, my traffic one is not. So if your having an issue with your traffic information, give Sirius a call. Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 02-24-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Glad it worked out
Old 03-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Sirius XM and they said it was almost $50 per year! I was able to negotiate a lower price though.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by joshB7
I called Sirius XM and they said it was almost $50 per year! I was able to negotiate a lower price though.
I paid about $20 for my 1 year subscription. The thing that annoys me the most about Sirius XM its that all of their representatives seem to quote different prices. Im convinced that these representatives just pull price quotes out of thin air. Glad you were able to get them down in price! I have a friend who just threatens to leave them each time his subscription is up, and Sirius ALWAYS goes way down in price. I think he gets something like 50+% off the list price.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to do the same with my traffic in my 2012 a63.0t prestige audi connect is through your service provider aka tmobile ect I recently had my Sirius go out except in bigger cities and even then its hit or miss and now my screen went completely black vcds shows this Information Display and Control Head (Front) (J685)
004 - No Signal/Communication any input would be great