Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI Sound volume dissapearing

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? Today when I got in my car at lunch to go back to work I have the same no sound issue as you did. No matter what I do, cycling through the different sources, shutting the car off and restarting it, I cannot get the sound back. No navigation sound either. The last thing I did when I got out of the car before the problem started was insert a CD into the changer. I did not have time to wait for it to load so I shut the car down. Now the car shows the disc playing and any other source I have selected playing but I still get no sound. Nothing, nada.........

Extremely bummed right now.
Did you try rebooting the MMI?

I get weird mmi issues and a reboot usually fixes it.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

If his problem was exactly identical to mine, rebooting the MMI doesn't work. When it originally happened to me I turned car off and on multiple times, and rebooted MMI multiple times.

It wasn't until few hours of car being turned off that problem corrected itself.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by porksoda
Did you try rebooting the MMI?

I get weird mmi issues and a reboot usually fixes it.
No I did not. That was going to be the next thing I tried but when I came out of work at the end of the day it was all better.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in the group that's been hit with this issue.....

Fingers crossed it's up and running tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Got it again this morning. I'm hoping it self corrects again when I get out of work tonight.

It's amazing how much more other drivers bad driving habits annoy me when I do not have my music to to take the edge off. Got to work in a real foul mood this morning......
Old 09-15-2016, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Got it again this morning. I'm hoping it self corrects again when I get out of work tonight.

It's amazing how much more other drivers bad driving habits annoy me when I do not have my music to to take the edge off. Got to work in a real foul mood this morning......
Did it fail after driving a while, or did you startup with no sound?
Anything unusual or something happen right before you lost sound?
Old 09-16-2016, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Did it fail after driving a while, or did you startup with no sound?
No sound at start up.

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Anything unusual or something happen right before you lost sound?
Yeah I had the drivers door open when I started the car Guess I won't do that again so I arrive at work happy.

Came out of work last night started the car and everything was all better. I did leave the drivers door closed though
Old 05-20-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No sound at start up.

Yeah I had the drivers door open when I started the car Guess I won't do that again so I arrive at work happy.

Came out of work last night started the car and everything was all better. I did leave the drivers door closed though

Hi guys.

Did you ever experience this problem again, and did you find any solution?

I'm experiencing complete silence and it's driving me nuts. No matter which source I select, everything looks normal and indicates that a media file or radio is playing, but I can't get any sound at all.
No CD, no bluetooth, no navigation. The only thing making sound is the parking sensor, as someone suggested.

Any thoughts?

Espen
Old 05-20-2018, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys,
My once also happened before. this will be fix by just remove and reinsert back the MMI amp cable connector.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll add to the list of the audio failing on the way home today. Was at a store, backing out and the sound failed after the backup camera activated. I thought I heard something unusual, and noticed the sound gone. Tried resetting the MMI several times on the way home to no avail. Cell phone did work normally, was able to make phone calls. Car voice worked when pressing the button on steering wheel. As others stated above, no radio, cd, internal hd, sd, or bluetooth music/audio.

Ran a VCDS scan and found all systems without errors. Did a quick speaker test through vcds, and speakers produced tones when called for.

Let it sit for an hour and all is fine again. Next step would have been pulling the amplifier connector if sound had not returned.

Quick Reply: MMI Sound volume dissapearing