Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
Old 07-13-2016, 10:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

MMI Tips and Tricks

Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Mine does not remember that setting either
Old 10-20-2017, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gl01bxg2003
There is one thing that bothers me. The MMI on my car (a 2014 A6) keep forgetting the Shuffle setting.
Every time I start the car it starts to play the files in the normal order.
I go to settings and activate the shuffle setting, but the next time I'm in the car again I have to do it again.
Does anyone know any trick on how to make it remember this setting?
I read that for most of you it just works.
But not for me !
I had read of a solution on this thread. The way I have things structured is based around having copied my iTunes music directory over to the SD card, and put playlists in the root directory. Playlist files are edited to ensure the music file pointer is relative and not drive-based.

-->root
-->-->Artist
-->-->-->Albums
-->-->-->-->Songs

I had the same trouble you describe if I ever change the media source e.g., from the SD card to my phone streaming Spotify, etc.. When I came back to the SD card, the shuffle was lost. The solution was to put a single music track in the root directory. When the shuffle is lost switching media sources, just play the music file in the root of the SD card, and while it's playing, reset your shuffle settings in the MMI. You can then load a playlist, and the shuffle sticks -- until you switch media sources again. This still maintains the shuffle if you switch between media and radio, but you lose it again if you switch media sources.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can confirm.
Today I have tried this solution and it works
My music is structured in the same way and I was always playing either mp3 file from a folder either a playlist pointing to files which were located in folders.
Today I have copied one file on the root of the SD Card and when the Car recognized the SD Card I played that file, and then selected shuffle. And now it looks like the setting is memorized.
BIG THANK YOU to Santoku and Dezili .
It was one of the very few things bothering me about this car.

I will try to give some details about how to make a 64GB SD Card readable by the MMI
When I bought the SD Card it was pre formatted in ex-fat mode. When I tried to format it to FAT32 on my Windows 10 based computer I got an error message and I couldn't do it.
I took the SD Card, inserted it into an Android tablet I had, which detected the SD Card but saw it as unreadable and asked if I wanted to format it.
I formatted the SD Card using the tablet. The result after this is a FAT32 formatted SD Card.
After this I took the SD Card, inserted it into the laptop, copied the data on it and then put the SD card into the car.
And it works.
I am now using a 64GB sd card in the left slot and a 32 gb sd card in the right slot.

Dis anyone try to do some programming using a VAG COM interface?
I recently bought such a interface but I can't make it work.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad that it worked for you As for the coding interface, which one are you using ? e.g. Ross-Tech cable & VCDS, OBDeleven, Carista
Old 11-15-2017, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi again,
it turns out I was using a fake copy of the VAG COM (Ross Tech) and the software was just not compatible with the car. ( The Lite version of the original software)
I still want to do that programming thing. Is there anything else than the Ross Tech Vag COM cable that can do the job?
Old 01-01-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello again guys ! and a Happy New Year to you all
Do you think it's possible to make an upgrade of the HDD? I read some places that it is 40gb. Idea is that for me it is to little left for the music (Jukebox). Anyone tried it? Where is the HDD driver physically located?