Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
Old 07-13-2016, 10:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

MMI Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Satellite Radio Tip:

You can go thru and different to presets or favorites, you can turn off the channels you don't want to listen to ever. You can even turn off entire catagories of channels like talk, traffic, foreign etc. That way you don't have to scroll thru things you have no interest in when looking at all the stations.

I don't remember exactly what menu it was under but if anyone can't find it I will look it up.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually there is another way to play music on the new A6! Use bluetooth connection with your iPhone or android phone! You can see all the track info on the MMI display and use playlist on your phone ! No need to duplicate music on any device or disc and it is digital ! If you use bluetooth connection for handsfree calls then your phone is already connected to play music!

There is 1 drawback though: bluetooth connection drains the battery so u may need to charge your phone more often!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by oedipol
Actually there is another way to play music on the new A6! Use bluetooth connection with your iPhone or android phone! You can see all the track info on the MMI display and use playlist on your phone ! No need to duplicate music on any device or disc and it is digital ! If you use bluetooth connection for handsfree calls then your phone is already connected to play music!

There is 1 drawback though: bluetooth connection drains the battery so u may need to charge your phone more often!
Great! Do nice artwork and all show up in the 2012 A6? If so, for what connections? iPod? SD Card? Jukebox?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

And most imp, how is the sound quality on iPod cable vs bluetooth? Gotta be some loss of quality with BT, correct?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sound quality is excellent on BT! I can hear no interference or down grade of quality ! It sounds like a direct cable connection ! BT is digital so there shouldn't be any loss of quality !
Old 12-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Great! Do nice artwork and all show up in the 2012 A6? If so, for what connections? iPod? SD Card? Jukebox?
yes all track info show up in MMI and instrument panel ! we are talking about bluetooth wireless connection !
Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Sorry I think I misunderstood your question !
Yes all track info is displayed on MMI for most connections !
Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by oedipol
Sorry I think I misunderstood your question !
Yes all track info is displayed on MMI for most connections !
except album art !
Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! So what connections show the album art except BT?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I mainly use BT so I am not too sure about others connections but I believe CD, ipod and BT connections will not show album art. while SD card or jukebox should show !

Quick Reply: MMI Tips and Tricks