Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI Version 942_3

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Version 942_3

I just had the dealer do an MMI update on my new (to me) 2013 A6. I had version K0566 was expecting to get version 814 but instead got a version I've not seen any talk of K0942_3. Does anyone know anything about this update?

My service order states this update is related to TSB: 2030465/9

The bass from my Bose system is greatly improved, but I've been very unhappy with the upper end. Treble is kind of garbled and bluetooth audio streaming quality seems to have dropped significantly. Does anyone know if there's a fix for those?

As an aside, I'm out of warranty and paid for the update. I hadn't been able to find anything on the costs for these updates so for anyone curious my dealer charged me $290 for the update.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

First I've seen of that version on a pre-facelift A6 C7. You may be the first on the forum to get it so we're relying on you to fill us in on any changes you note. Was there something you reported to the dealer that prompted this TSB and update?
Old 08-02-2016, 12:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
First I've seen of that version on a pre-facelift A6 C7. You may be the first on the forum to get it so we're relying on you to fill us in on any changes you note. Was there something you reported to the dealer that prompted this TSB and update?
Yes, please share your impressions or any new menu items
Old 08-02-2016, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Unfortunately I only had the car a few days before having the update so I don't have a good baseline for changes. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see a picture of, etc... and I'll be happy to post.

As for what I told the dealer, I said my wife's windows phone wouldn't pair, but also flat out asked to get an update since I knew mine was a rather old version. Since I'm out of warranty I knew I'd have to pay so that may have played into it.

Last edited by techy101; 08-02-2016 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by techy101
Unfortunately I only had the car a few days before having the update so I don't have a good baseline for changes. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see a picture of, etc... and I'll be happy to post.

As for what I told the dealer, I said my wife's windows phone wouldn't pair, but also flat out asked to get an update since I knew mine was a rather old version. Since I'm out of warranty I knew I'd have to pay so that may have played into it.
Yeah, dealers are more than happy to do MMI updates when they can charge for it.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My 2013 A5 was updated to this MMI version at a dealership a few days ago.

Everything works fine except that I lost the Google Earth overlay on maps. It seems Google Earth gets stuck during the initialization/loading phase (the Google logo always remains half lightened with no progress).

Does anyone experience this issue after the update?
Old 08-08-2016, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Following to see if I want to request this update
Old 08-08-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrlu
My 2013 A5 was updated to this MMI version at a dealership a few days ago.

Everything works fine except that I lost the Google Earth overlay on maps. It seems Google Earth gets stuck during the initialization/loading phase (the Google logo always remains half lightened with no progress).

Does anyone experience this issue after the update?
Judging from another thread, it sounds like service departments are being told by Audi not to do the firmware update as it bricks Google Earth as you describe.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So much for a Quality Assurance check.

Originally Posted by superswiss
Judging from another thread, it sounds like service departments are being told by Audi not to do the firmware update as it bricks Google Earth as you describe.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
I haven't had this issue. Google earth and other connect features work just fine.

Quick Reply: MMI Version 942_3