Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Motion sensor trunk release

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer1946
I can confirm that on my MY2014 the kick where your shins taps the bumper works reliably.
Ditto on my '14 TDI Prestige.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's disappointing/embarassing to move from the luxury of BMW's power trunk feature to an Audi that has a trunk thatfunctions like a Honda Accord! I'm a real stickler for fingerprints and have to "slam" the trunk using the inside "grab cavity" I seriously desire power window sunshades, adjustable ride height, auto park and a power trunk. I'll take those options over a $6000 B&O system any day of the week!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like you are really wanting a different car. I think most of us traded our desire for those features for the ride, handling, performance and looks of the Audi even if it did lack somewhat in features as you suggest. I too wish we could get all those features on an A6. Audi's clever (or not so clever?) marketers have reserved those features for more expensive models like the S6, A7, S7, and A8.

If I could have bought an A4 TDI equipped like my A6 or the car you describe, I would have paid the same price or more. But I don't expect Audi to listen to me because I am a 1 in 1000 buyer--just a weirdo with non-conforming preferences.

Last edited by AudioBear; 04-30-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
The key to it all is doing the kick under the license plate then waiting. I had to show the tech at my dealership how to do it. People's natural reaction seems to be once they pull their foot out to expect it to immediately pop open, and when it doesn't they kick again. This screws the sensor up. Just give it 3-5 seconds and 9 out of 10 times it will open.
This sometimes works for us--sometimes not. Recently, when we stop the car and walk toward the back of the car, just as we round the rear corners, the trunk pops open although it knows we are coming back there. It pops before we get anywhere near the license plate or bumper. Has anybody else had this happen?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AudioBear
This sometimes works for us--sometimes not. Recently, when we stop the car and walk toward the back of the car, just as we round the rear corners, the trunk pops open although it knows we are coming back there. It pops before we get anywhere near the license plate or bumper. Has anybody else had this happen?
Yup. That's why I had it disabled.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sounds like you are really wanting a different car. I think most of us traded our desire for those features for the ride, handling, performance and looks of the Audi even if it did lack somewhat in features as you suggest. I too wish we could get all those features on an A6. Audi's clever (or not so clever?) marketers have reserved those features for more expensive models like the S6, A7, S7, and A8.

If I could have bought an A4 TDI equipped like my A6 or the car you describe, I would have paid the same price or more. But I don't expect Audi to listen to me because I am a 1 in 1000 buyer--just a weirdo with non-conforming preferences.
Actually - every item I suggested is available on the A6...just not in the US version.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PBPhantom
Actually - every item I suggested is available on the A6...just not in the US version.
But they can be added to the US Version. Power Trunk kit is avaliable. Power Sun Shades can be added. For a price though.

If you "seriously desire" these opitions, than trade in your vehicle and get one with them. Or add them to your existing vehicle. Or move to Europe.

Fingerprints...I hate a dirty vehicle. Yet I close the boot in such a manner to not leave prints. Adjust your thinking to the situation.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NoahWeb
But they can be added to the US Version. Power Trunk kit is avaliable. Power Sun Shades can be added. For a price though.

If you "seriously desire" these opitions, than trade in your vehicle and get one with them. Or add them to your existing vehicle. Or move to Europe.

Fingerprints...I hate a dirty vehicle. Yet I close the boot in such a manner to not leave prints. Adjust your thinking to the situation.
Chill dude...such hostility. Simply pointing out that such luxury features were engineered and designed for the A6, however Audi, for some reason felt the US market shouldn't have access to these options. To me that's a travesty.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PBPhantom
Chill dude...such hostility. Simply pointing out that such luxury features were engineered and designed for the A6, however Audi, for some reason felt the US market shouldn't have access to these options. To me that's a travesty.
They do that with all their cars. The TT-RS in Europe had the DCT. In America, all they gave us was the slower, antiquated, manual. Same with the Golf R.

China gets a long wheelbase A6, that I'd really like to have.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, mine only works when I don't want it to but since my rear end smash it doesn't work at all. I will have them look into it on my next service but it seems that, at best, it has a mind of its own.

Quick Reply: Motion sensor trunk release