Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Xpel saves the paint, for the second time

Old 10-14-2018, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Xpel saves the paint, for the second time

Almost two years ago I posted pictures demonstrating how Xpel Ultimate saved me from having to repaint the front end after the garage door frame somehow managed to scrape my car.

Well, the apple does not fall from the tree. My daughter bought a Q3 only a month ago, and somehow a concrete base that supports a light pole somehow scratched and dented the crease in her driver door in the middle of the night. While the film was mangled and covered in paint from concrete, it prevented any scratch to the paint.

They were able to pull the dent without damaging the paint and install another piece of Xpel. She went to a body shop initially, just for an estimate, and was told they would pull, sand, paint and then send out for Xpel; glad she found this Xpel installer. Her pictures below.

Dent in crease

Close up showing dent and yellow paint from concrete

Fixed
Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Very nice.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Those concrete poles like bigfoot, they only move when you don't have your camera ready...
Old 10-15-2018, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

XPEL is a great product. I have had it for 4 years and the car still looks brand new

Last edited by KevinGary; 10-15-2018 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesquite77
Those concrete poles like bigfoot, they only move when you don't have your camera ready...
You're not kidding.....don't know where those buggers lurk in the dark!

Originally Posted by KevinGary
XPEL is a great product. I have had it for 4 years and the car still looks brand new
Agree...it's been 4 years for me as well. The only chip I have is on the roof, where the Xpel isn't.....

Showed the impressive pictures to a couple of friends who recently bought cars: both have asked for name of my installer. Yes, it is not cheap - but if you keep the car 10 years, then that's a small amortized price for the obvious benefits as well as satisfaction of not seeing chips every time you wash the car
Old 10-16-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XPEL

Originally Posted by AMDG75
Almost two years ago I posted pictures demonstrating how Xpel Ultimate saved me from having to repaint the front end after the garage door frame somehow managed to scrape my car.

Well, the apple does not fall from the tree. My daughter bought a Q3 only a month ago, and somehow a concrete base that supports a light pole somehow scratched and dented the crease in her driver door in the middle of the night. While the film was mangled and covered in paint from concrete, it prevented any scratch to the paint.

They were able to pull the dent without damaging the paint and install another piece of Xpel. She went to a body shop initially, just for an estimate, and was told they would pull, sand, paint and then send out for Xpel; glad she found this Xpel installer. Her pictures below.

Dent in crease

Close up showing dent and yellow paint from concrete

Fixed
Wow! Thank you for sharing. We're so happy to hear that the film saved the day and did it's job. As a thank you for sharing, we would like to send you an XPEL Swag Pack. If you're interested, email us your t-shirt size and shipping information and we'll get the order out to you. You can email us directly at marketing@xpel.com. This offer goes to ANYONE on this thread who has shared an experience with XPEL on their car. Just include the URL to the thread you shared it on along with the post # so we can verify.