AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Navigation Directory Question (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/navigation-directory-question-2867993/)

mike-nd 06-25-2014 03:11 PM

Navigation Directory Question

A quick question ...

I saved a couple of addresses (entered manually in the MMI) and set them as favorites. They only appear when my phone is connected (Blue tooth or MMI cable).

Are the addresses somehow tagged to only my phone ? They dont seem to be in my phone's contact (which are synced to the Audi MMI as well).

Is there a way to have the addresses available all of the time whether or not the phone is actively linked ?

dicktahoe 06-25-2014 03:54 PM

Yes there is a way to have immediate access to addresses you want to save.
Select NAV, Select Destination, enter the Address. Select "Start Route Guidance". After the route has been computed, then select Destination and "Cancel"--that route will now be canceled but available when you select Destination, and Last Destinations. Do this procedure for all the addresses you want to save, and then you'll have immediate access through Last Destinations.

mike-nd 06-25-2014 04:13 PM

thanks. that will definitely work.

After thinking about it--- when I got the car there were already addresses in there (which I deleted) so there must be a way to store addresses on the Audi hard drive. Maybe we need to store the addresses with the phone not connected ?? It is a bit peculiar that the addresses are 'tagged' to my phone, but not actually in my phone.

newmoon 06-25-2014 04:37 PM

It is true. The Audi has a peculiar system where there are up to 4 separate private directories depending on which phone is connected via bluetooth.

I think there is an option when you go in to edit a directory listing to make it a "Public contact". Then it should have a gray car icon next to it, and should be available to everyone.

Or, like you said, I think if you store the address into the directory when no phone is connected, then it will be a public contact automatically.

snagitseven 06-25-2014 04:56 PM

I believe any contact manually entered or imported from a phone to the car's internal Directory should always be available.

mike-nd 06-25-2014 05:24 PM

thanks all- will try to make those entries "Public"

That sounds familiar from when I was deleting the ones already stored there. (too lazy to do it tonight!)

mike-nd 06-26-2014 03:33 AM

well- cant seem to figure out how to move an entry into the public directory. I may simply delete those entries and add them again with the phone not linked. Kind of a peculiar system as newmoon said. I guess it s nice to have addresses linked to a given phone so my wife can have her own set of addresses, but is also nice to ave a group of favorites that can be available in case I dont have my phone.