Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Navigation system question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
If it wasn't equipped with GPS it wouldn't even start initializing. There are models/configurations where one could have the Nav button, but not actual Nav function. That can happen in markets like Europe for example, where for certain models you can option the MMI. I don't remember the actual message that you get in that case, but it's more along the line of "This car is not equipped with this function". I'm paraphrasing here.

In your case it's actually trying to initialize, but then somehow gets stuck. Dumb question, have you tried to do a hard reset of the system? You press Menu, **** and upper right corner button at the same time. That will perform a reset. If that doesn't work, go into the main settings (Main Menu Setup MMI) and perform a factory reset of the entire system. If that still doesn't do it, then it's time to visit an Audi dealer and have them figure out what's wrong.
when it says there's no data available. Where does it actually retrieve the data from?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by changareth
when it says there's no data available. Where does it actually retrieve the data from?
Nav data should be located on the hard drive for a MY2015.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe it's a hard drive failure. Can you upload and store music on the hard drive? I suppose it could also be a bad GPS antenna connection.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If it wasn't equipped with GPS it wouldn't even start initializing. There are models/configurations where one could have the Nav button, but not actual Nav function. That can happen in markets like Europe for example, where for certain models you can option the MMI. I don't remember the actual message that you get in that case, but it's more along the line of "This car is not equipped with this function". I'm paraphrasing here.

In your case it's actually trying to initialize, but then somehow gets stuck. Dumb question, have you tried to do a hard reset of the system? You press Menu, **** and upper right corner button at the same time. That will perform a reset. If that doesn't work, go into the main settings (Main Menu Setup MMI) and perform a factory reset of the entire system. If that still doesn't do it, then it's time to visit an Audi dealer and have them figure out what's wrong.
i finally came around trying this reset but it didn't work either. inside the mmi I checked the version info and I got this

Seems like there's no version info or DB of NAV? I'm not too sure. Where's the NAV hard drive located? I just wanna see if it's even there.
I can see I have this.

Last edited by changareth; 05-17-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

So, the one thing I'm glancing from your firmware version is that somebody performed an update to it after the factory. That's revealed by the letter K in K0039. If it was still running what the factory installed there would be the letter P. So, one guess here is that whoever did the update screwed something up.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So, the one thing I'm glancing from your firmware version is that somebody performed an update to it after the factory. That's revealed by the letter K in K0039. If it was still running what the factory installed there would be the letter P. So, one guess here is that whoever did the update screwed something up.
oh! Is there a way to fix this? I tried checking my trunk but there's no NAV HD. I'm not sure if it's located there though. Would mine be SD hard base? As I see some NAV has sd card and not CD
Old 05-17-2017, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

oh! Is there a way to fix this? I tried checking my trunk but there's no NAV HD. I'm not sure if it's located there though. Would mine be SD hard base? As I see some NAV has sd card and not CD
The HD is part of the head unit, which is in the dash above the climate controls. Judging from the version # I believe this car has the 4G MMI. With the 4G MMI and Audi connect, the map database can be self updated over the car's mobile broadband connection or by downloading it from the myAudi website. However, looking at your screenshots it looks like Audi connect is not available in Hong Kong, because I don't see the data connection logo in the bottom right corner, so my guess is only a dealer can sort this out for you.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe if you put your location under your avatar and you model and year in your signature then some of your questions would have some relevance.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just wanted to post an update! I managed to have my Navigation recovered after bringing it back to Audi. They had to restore the whole MMI system for me. Happy now!!

Old 06-02-2017, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Great news! Did they charge you or was it for free?

Quick Reply: Navigation system question