Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New Ride, I知 loving it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ride, I知 loving it!!!

Hi All!
I知 retiring my 2008 A6 S-Line 215k (I値l miss you baby) and replacing it with 2012 A6 3.0t prestige with 100k on it, Black/Brown (sorry don稚 know the proper names for either of colors yet). This beauty has adaptive cruise, night vision, head up display, front heat and cool seats. I知 surprised it doesn稚 have a heated steering wheel and rear seats, probably missing the cold weather package. I wish it had curtains and pano roof, besides that I知 loving it so far, but it needs some work to be perfect. I got it as Direct Wholesale deal of one dealer in As-Is condition. It needs all new brakes, left rear coil spring, windshield, front power outlets aren稚 working, and I知 under suspicion that it will need front left spring also. I知 sure all my questions have been answered in previous post, so I値l start digging and if I won稚 find answers I知 looking for them I値l start posting them. I値l try to attach some pics, but will see how痴 that will go.

Otherwise, just wanted to say that this is a great forum, and I have used it a lot to find answers for my first A6 C5, for my second A6 C6 for my wife誕 2012 Q7, and now for my A6 C7 (I知 sure I値l find answers). By the way, most of answers I was able to find without posting a new thread. THANK YOU All for such a great forum.

Two Generations A6 C6 3.2l And A6 C7 3.0t, front

Two Generations A6 C6 3.2l and A6 C7 3.0t, back

A6 C7 3.0t

Love that interior!
Old 05-20-2019, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Welcome to the C7 club. I jumped from the C6 a few years ago. You will love the C7.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your interior is 'Nougat', slightly strange candy bar goo naming for what is actually a really nice color combo inside and with particularly good swirls in the wood on your dash. As for exterior, Audi do three blacks; Brilliant black, Havanna black metallic and Phantom Black pearl effect so on that one you'll be hunting high and low for the Paint Code, which so many of the German manufacturers seem to love to hide in the darkest recesses for some reason. 'Tell the owner the paint color code of their car??!!!' 'Damnit Jurgen but then they'll, well they'll.... they'll KNOW the color of their car!! Aaaaaaah!!' If you can find the Monroney (original price/spec sticker) of your car on the web with the VIN, the color will be stated on that. I found it freebie for mine in early 2018 but have forgotten the website and have seen references to it being trickier to find these days.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TechCom-Mike
Your interior is 'Nougat', slightly strange candy bar goo naming for what is actually a really nice color combo inside and with particularly good swirls in the wood on your dash. As for exterior, Audi do three blacks; Brilliant black, Havanna black metallic and Phantom Black pearl effect so on that one you'll be hunting high and low for the Paint Code, which so many of the German manufacturers seem to love to hide in the darkest recesses for some reason. 'Tell the owner the paint color code of their car??!!!' 'Damnit Jurgen but then they'll, well they'll.... they'll KNOW the color of their car!! Aaaaaaah!!' If you can find the Monroney (original price/spec sticker) of your car on the web with the VIN, the color will be stated on that. I found it freebie for mine in early 2018 but have forgotten the website and have seen references to it being trickier to find these days.

Thank You
Old 05-23-2019, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ordered Coil Spring and brakes

I ordered coil spring from FCP Euro, already got it. I知 surprised they were the only ones that carried it, I知 talking about reputable suppliers, I don稚 count on EBay or amazon to be reputable place to shop for critical stuff like coil springs or brakes. Haven稚 found much info on replacing them. I hope it痴 nothing special. Otherwise I have replaced few before on older VWs and Audis.

As I知 writing this, I realized that I forgot about eEuroparts. Oh well too late now.

Either way I ordered POWERSTOP Brakes K6130 from Summit, they were the only ones that had them in stock. Those are performance ones, will see I always wanted to try out PowerStop. Unfortunately I haven稚 found much info on forums in terms of a long term use of them, but initial use reviews seem to be very promising. Will see.

Damn windshield needs to be replaced, maybe repaired. Will see what the glass shop will say.

Hopefully by the end of next week it痴 all going to be done.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

If you are looking for Genuine audi parts - I would look for that website:

genuineaudiparts.com - they are a parts business out of a dealer here in San Diego. and they do discount parts a bit too. searching for parts is pretty easy by car model and year / engine.

Scott
Old 05-27-2019, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got my spring replaced, the other side looked good in comparison to this side. I might replace it soon anyway. Just to have same springs on both sides, as recommended. Can稚 wait for brakes to show up! Only other issue will be a random ECS Fault, that causes ACC and Brake Gaurd to be unavailable until I restart a car. I wonder if it could be brake related. Will see.

Last edited by Ashtrom; 05-27-2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Add pics