Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New TDI on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjf
I didn't realize that these were released that long ago. I thought it was a recent thing. I just found out when a coworker's brother was asking about them a few weeks ago. He got a great deal and I used that number to negotiate my deal. It seems like they are selling pretty quick and they are pretty close to having the same options.
...Is the speed limit really 85, or is that just the suggested limit? I may head out that way this summer. My wife wants to go out west to some National Parks and I have a friend that lives in Montana, not too far from Glacier.
They were actually released in the spring but put on stop-sale in June due to the PODS recall. Dealers just started getting parts to perform the recall work in December so the remaining ones can be sold now.

Actually the speed limit was 80, but if you drove only 80 you would be run off the road. The average speed was at least 90! We stopped at Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore on our way back. They wanted around $1500-$2000 to ship the car - for that we had a pretty nice vacation!

Last edited by nhdoc; 01-04-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a 2014 TDI, and had thought about getting a 2016 when released if one was available that was equipped and priced right. Walking the lot in May after dinner, there was a 2016, Oolong gray, Prestige, with black optics. Never thought about Black Optic package before, but it really looks good. 11,000 miles later, I'm still thrilled.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Soobie23
I had a 2014 TDI, and had thought about getting a 2016 when released if one was available that was equipped and priced right. Walking the lot in May after dinner, there was a 2016, Oolong gray, Prestige, with black optics. Never thought about Black Optic package before, but it really looks good. 11,000 miles later, I'm still thrilled.
It looks very familiar!
Old 01-05-2019, 04:50 AM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In trying to search this forum for info, it gets a little confusing, as the platform has gone through changes. Are the 2016’s considered post- facelift? Is there a good thread for descriptions of vag-com changes?
Old 01-05-2019, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tjf
In trying to search this forum for info, it gets a little confusing, as the platform has gone through changes. Are the 2016’s considered post- facelift? Is there a good thread for descriptions of vag-com changes?

They have had a lot of facelifts over the years but I think the 2016 is the same, more or less, as the current ones. They always tweak the trim and grilles a little but I don't think there have been significant technical improvements. One of the best vag-com mods you may want to do is recoding of the auto-stop/start feature. The car comes with the default of that being turned on but there is a button which disables it. I can't stand it so would always shut it off however it always defaults back to on the next time the car is started. You can recode it so it will remember the last setting and also so the light on the button is ON when it is engaged and off when it is disabled (which is the opposite of the way Audi codes it from the factory). That's how I have mine and I don't have to stare at the amber light all the time when the feature is shut off!

Here is a link to some helpful vag-com changes for the C7:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...2882436/page2/

Post #33 discussed how to change the start/stop feature.

I also turned on the gear selection indicator (so it tells what gear it is in in the display) and a few other tweaks such as the lap timer which has a nice boost gauge in it. The only one I could not get to work was the one which automatically sets the parking brake when the car is put into park but that's not really something I care too much about.

Last edited by nhdoc; 01-05-2019 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:43 AM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! I had that start/stop feature on a Mercedes rental I had in England last year. I hated it, especially when trying to get into a busy traffic circle.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tjf
Thanks! I had that start/stop feature on a Mercedes rental I had in England last year. I hated it, especially when trying to get into a busy traffic circle.
On some brands you can't even shut it off...I believe the BMW diesel I test drove was that way and it drove me nuts. That and their idiotic gear shifter made me never want to buy one. The A6 is so much better.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:45 AM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

It showed up last night ! Great condition. A little dirty, mostly dust. It was definitely stored indoors. ..... Now the OCD is kicking in. Lexol for the leather, Scotchguard the carpets, 3M Paint Protection film on order. After that, GTechniq Ceramic sealant, which is something new for me. I thought this would be a good vehicle to try it out on. Hopefully it will cut down on the upkeep and keep the paint looking good.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Georgeous and congrats!

OCD in a good way though!
Old 01-09-2019, 09:59 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

White is right.

Quick Reply: New TDI on the way!