Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Night vision starts automatically with lights - coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night vision starts automatically with lights - coding

Hi,
Has anyone tried to code that night vision function starts automatically with lights when getting darker.
It can really bring night vision for unexpected situations on the road. I'm always forgetting start it.

I was looking for a thread with that, but I didn't found.

Thanks
Lukasz
Old 01-02-2018, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by lswist
Hi,
Has anyone tried to code that night vision function starts automatically with lights when getting darker.
It can really bring night vision for unexpected situations on the road. I'm always forgetting start it.

I was looking for a thread with that, but I didn't found.

Thanks
Lukasz
If you find it please let us know as I would love to have that!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem. it does not make sense that Audi markets the Night Vision Assistant as a safety feature, yet it is an active feature rather than passive which requires the driver has to remember to turn it on every time they get in the car. I spent $2,500 extra for this safety feature and because it is a manual operation each time I just know that the 1 time i forget to turn it on will be the 1 time i hit a dear and total my car. If anyone figures out how to modify this please let us know.

Thanks, ahlasky
Old 05-06-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that you need to turn it on every time you start the car. WTF Audi!
Old 05-07-2018, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Too distracting

I’ve found this feature to be pretty useless.

Althouth it works exactly as intended, It’s more distracting than useful.

It’s nighttime and extra attention to the road ahead is important, especially on dark back roads where the feature is most needed.

To use this feature you have to take your eyes off the road ahead and look down at the screen. Back and forth.

Either it needs to be displayed in the heads up display (distracting as well), or, perhaps, leave it where it is, but add an audible alert when an object is detected.

This may not be practical either, but it’s the only way it would work with minimal disruption .

Last edited by Helmar; 05-07-2018 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmar
Either it needs to be displayed in the heads up display (distracting as well), or, perhaps, leave it where it is, but add an audible alert when an object is detected.
If there is a person in your immediate path it does appear in the heads up display and an audible alert does go off.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary

If there is a person in your immediate path it does appear in the heads up display and an audible alert does go off.
Which I really LOVE!
Old 05-10-2018, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

which is useless because if person is just walking on the side of the road there are no alerts just yellow box which is not noticeable if you looking down the road and not on display. If there were alerts for all detections that would be useful, otherwise i agree with Helmar that this system is useless, but still cool
Old 05-11-2018, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by BOPOH
which is useless because if person is just walking on the side of the road there are no alerts just yellow box which is not noticeable if you looking down the road and not on display. If there were alerts for all detections that would be useful, otherwise i agree with Helmar that this system is useless, but still cool
In addition to sounding an audible alert and showing the person in red on the HUD, it also activated my brakes on one occasion when this happened. It may have saved the persons life so I don’t agree that it is “useless”. But I do agree that it’s cool.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In addition to sounding an audible alert and showing the person in red on the HUD, it also activated my brakes on one occasion when this happened. It may have saved the persons life so I don’t agree that it is “useless”. But I do agree that it’s cool.
Red Alert (LOL) is ONLY at the critical moment when person is about to cross your pass, which is already within headlight distance. What i'm saying if alert would sound when display detects person far away and still in yellow box that would be way more beneficial. Numerous times i would be driving after sundown in wooded areas where night vision would detect person walking on the road (side of it) and not alert me because he/she is not crossing in front me. I could still potentially hit that person, thus this warning system is kinda useless

Quick Reply: Night vision starts automatically with lights - coding