AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   No color choices (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/no-color-choices-2820580/)

dcmetro 01-23-2012 11:31 AM

There is a very clear difference between Ibis White & Glacier White. Glacier is more greyish and very much noticeable and Ibis is much brighter. I went with Ibis White for the same reason. Had many black and greys and wanted shiny white this time :)

av_audi 01-23-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Austin A6 3.2 (Post 24251725)
2. Grey/Silver
  • Ice Silver Metallic
  • Quartz Gray Metallic
  • Dakota Gray Metallic
  • Oolong Gray Metallic
  • Aviator Blue Metallic
I don't want a silver car (had two), and they grey's I saw were just that - shades of grey. I don't know that I saw one in each available grey color, but none of these seemed very exciting to me...

Did you have a chance to see a Dakota Gray? It's a brown/gray and clearly not just some shade of gray. Some people don't even see it as gray. I saw one a while back and I thought it was a very interesting color. Perhaps it suits more the tastes of older folks, but I thought it was a great new color.

tenspeed 01-23-2012 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by av_audi (Post 24252508)
Did you have a chance to see a Dakota Gray? It's a brown/gray and clearly not just some shade of gray.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...raymetalic.jpg

Austin A6 3.2 01-23-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by dcmetro (Post 24252431)
There is a very clear difference between Ibis White & Glacier White. Glacier is more greyish and very much noticeable and Ibis is much brighter. I went with Ibis White for the same reason. Had many black and greys and wanted shiny white this time :)

I took a picture of two white Q5's next to each other:

https://forums.audiworld.com/picture...ctureid=234810

One is Ibis, one is Glacier White - taken in Austin, TX on a sunny day at 5 pm with a very decent camera (not my cell phone) and completely unedited.

I like both whites, and I had a white car before my current one - not for my 2013 A6 though. I have to admit they both look very sharp.

Austin A6 3.2 01-23-2012 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by ultrahertz (Post 24252294)
I have a Moonlight Blue A6, and while it is definitely a dark navy blue, the car is most definitely blue to my eye, not black. I will grant that the ambient lighting can make the car more blue, or more black.

I will also say it is frustrating to me that the dealers tend to order only white or black cars. It seems it is harder to find a silver car even than it use to be.

Here's my picture of a Moonlight Blue A4 next to a Black A4 (not sure which black, I think just regular black though):

https://forums.audiworld.com/picture...ctureid=234811

Picture taken in Austin, TX on a sunny day at 5 pm with a very decent camera (not my cell phone) and completely unedited.They are a little too close for my taste.

And you are right, not a single silver A6 on the lot. Two white ones, a few black ones and a few gray as well. I guess it's the safe choice for a car they wish to sell off the lot.

I just wish Audi were a little more adventurous with their color choices on the C7 A6. I need to see an Aviator Blue one in person, if they get one..

Austin A6 3.2 01-23-2012 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by tenspeed (Post 24252177)
I was going to order Sepang blue pearl

Then I thought Scuba blue would be more fitting

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...lueScuba08.jpg

Wow, that's an awesome blue. The Sepang Blue is a little too S4/S5/S6 looking for my taste, but the Scuba Blue looks awesome.

Audi seems to be a little more adventurous on the A3 and TT model lines when it comes to colors ...

Austin A6 3.2 01-23-2012 09:54 PM

I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and opinions on the color choices. I was a little afraid people would feel like I was criticizing the color choices (which was absolutely not my intention), but I got some really good replies and ideas.

I know I will get a 3.0T Prestige (for the A/C seats and the other cool features) with the Velvet Beige interior and the Layered Oak wood inlays (I fell in love with these when I first saw the press photos when the car was introduced last year).

For some reason, the exterior colors leave me unexcited so far, and I feel that if I spend $65,000 on a vehicle, it should be pretty close to exactly what I want. I spent two hours at the local dealer last weekend looking at all the different colors they had available on the cars on the lot - mostly black, gray a white - which I assume are considered safe choices for cars they want to sell off the lot.

I am definitely doing European delivery and will custom order, so maybe I'll just add whatever Audi wants to get a custom color. Since I travel to Germany for work on a regular basis, I will check out a few more colors over there in the near future and then order something I like.

Thanks everyone for your valuable input. I envy those of you who already have their C7 A6 and I am excited for those that have ordered or will order in the near future. I can't wait to order mine and then drive it on the Autobahn for a few weeks (sadly, they still keep the governor at 130 mph on US specs car even if delivered in Germany) before having it shipped over here and enjoying it at 75 mph on the local toll roads ...

I feel like a stupid brat for fretting over the color of a car, but I feel like I am in the right company here for this kind of question.

manishaudi 01-24-2012 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Austin A6 3.2 (Post 24252687)
I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and opinions on the color choices. I was a little afraid people would feel like I was criticizing the color choices (which was absolutely not my intention), but I got some really good replies and ideas.

I know I will get a 3.0T Prestige (for the A/C seats and the other cool features) with the Velvet Beige interior and the Layered Oak wood inlays (I fell in love with these when I first saw the press photos when the car was introduced last year).

For some reason, the exterior colors leave me unexcited so far, and I feel that if I spend $65,000 on a vehicle, it should be pretty close to exactly what I want. I spent two hours at the local dealer last weekend looking at all the different colors they had available on the cars on the lot - mostly black, gray a white - which I assume are considered safe choices for cars they want to sell off the lot.

I am definitely doing European delivery and will custom order, so maybe I'll just add whatever Audi wants to get a custom color. Since I travel to Germany for work on a regular basis, I will check out a few more colors over there in the near future and then order something I like.

Thanks everyone for your valuable input. I envy those of you who already have their C7 A6 and I am excited for those that have ordered or will order in the near future. I can't wait to order mine and then drive it on the Autobahn for a few weeks (sadly, they still keep the governor at 130 mph on US specs car even if delivered in Germany) before having it shipped over here and enjoying it at 75 mph on the local toll roads ...

I feel like a stupid brat for fretting over the color of a car, but I feel like I am in the right company here for this kind of question.

The last thing you'll get from anyone here is criticism over your color choice. I have not seen a negative post on a post about color choice.

I will say I am a little jealous that you are going to do Euro Delivery. I so wanted to do that with mine. You'll have to post pics when you do.

Good Luck!

dcmetro 01-24-2012 07:18 AM

I think you have a right to think hard about color since you're going to have to live with that choice for a while. And everyone else would like to help out with their experiences.

Since you've already decided to go with Beige/Oak Wood inlays, maybe one way to decide the color also is to look what contrasts well with those interiors. In my personal opinion, darker colors would go well with them as they would contrast better. Again, that is my .02 and someone might totally disagree.

AFS8733 01-24-2012 07:30 AM

I ordered the same interior combo with Havana Black. Car due in the US in a couple of weeks. IMO the Havana works really well with the velvet beige interior.