Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

OBDII Code P2753 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I remember having 60K when I encountered this. It's definitely heat related damage. I guess contributing factors are whether car is mostly highway speed or stop & go city driving that results in time frame of eventual failure. Cars driven at highway speed may have cooler airflow and less heat abuse over a city driven car.
Nobody Panic... it's just my opinion.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
I think I remember having 60K when I encountered this. It's definitely heat related damage. I guess contributing factors are whether car is mostly highway speed or stop & go city driving that results in time frame of eventual failure. Cars driven at highway speed may have cooler airflow and less heat abuse over a city driven car.
Nobody Panic... it's just my opinion.

good to know, thanks!
Old 01-30-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kraskina
I have the same code . Went to the dealer and you not gonna believe how much they quote me 7500$ yes 7500$ . They claim that the fliud went from the valve thru the wires to the control module which is in the transmition , so the parts was 5400$ . Does anyone got something like that ?

2012 A6 3.0 prestige
Hey what ever happened with your car? Did you go to another dealer for a second opinion?

For the record coolant migration through a wire harness is most definitely possible. Audi issued a recall for 4.2 A8's to replace 2 coolant valves like the one involved in this case for coolant pressing through the valves and following the wiring to the ECM causing all sorts of bad news. If the coolant reaches the ECM the repair involves a new ECM, new engine wire harness and of course replace the valves.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think I remember having 60K when I encountered this. It's definitely heat related damage.
Just another data point, 56k for me, just had this taken care of at an indy shop. Wiring harness and connector was completely melted, so it was definitely heat related damage of some sort - the going theory by my mechanic was that it was the pump itself overheating. Kind of scary, but it appeared to be a self-limiting problem once the wiring failed!
Old 05-10-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Many Thanks. Successful replacement

I listed the parts in a previous post as it read on the Audi printout I received. I don't know if the valve itself had failed but I know the connector was broken per the write-up. So to play it safe and not have to error come back and cause return visit the dealer suggested replacing the valve as well. So it's going to be either one or the other. Nothing else was changed and that fixed the problem.

No one stated the cause of failure but I agree on the exhaust being the possible casue. The connector is at very top of valve and close to the exhaust so the heat probably just finally caused the connector to brittle and crack causing the open circuit condition.
Thanks for taking the time and spending your hard earned money to get the info you did from the dealer and servicing shop.

I too had this code plague me just before I needed to get it inspected. It took me 3 times to get it fixed. First identifying that the plug had indeed failed (was all corroded) I disassembled cleaned and reinstalled, cleared CEL only for it to come right back. Ordered replacement wires and connector. 2nd time I soldered in new wires and plug, reinstalled, cleared CEL only for it to come right back. Ordered replacement valve. 3rd time I installed new valve, was able to avoid loosing much fluid with hose pinch Off Pliers, cleared CEL, and hasn't been back on since.

The source of my failure actually originated with the valve. The internal seals within the valve failed and the pressurized coolant worked its way up to the plug and wire terminals. I determined this after replacing valve I capped one port and pressurized the other. Put soapy water in the plug end and low and behold bubbles started to form. Now being familiar with the area it would take approx 30 min to make the fix. I think a dealership over an hour of work, aside from the diagnostic time is just taking advantage of you.

Thanks again.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update.
So after speaking to my local mechanic and reviewing the dealer provided write-up; It appears the failure was actually a broken connector which is why it was suggested I redo wire and connector. FYI, the connector is referenced as (housing) on Audi parts list. The dealer also suggested to replace the valve so I did just thinking this was the primary problem. So if anyone has this code pop-up, have connector checked for cracks. = )

This valve is located on driver side inner fenderwell when looking upward into engine compartment. In photo you can see driver side exhaust towards back to give you frame of reference towards location. Connector is on very top, and the valve sits in a cylindrical bracket that secures it to side fenderwell.
Hey There IknowHuhA6,

I have a 2012 A8L - 4.2L that is showing the P19A000 Transmission coolant valve short circuit to B+ (active / static)

Do you feel this is the same issue as you've shown on your A6?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Marc G.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 97DOUBLEXX
Hey There IknowHuhA6,

I have a 2012 A8L - 4.2L that is showing the P19A000 Transmission coolant valve short circuit to B+ (active / static)

Do you feel this is the same issue as you've shown on your A6?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Marc G.
Just a heads up but haven't seen him posting in quite awhile. Sorry!

Last edited by DanfZX14; 12-11-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

connector pin corrosion
like this
corrosion makes mission fail
this part must be changed to sealed
left is new sealed parts and right is old unsealed parts
Old 12-11-2017, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1) toothbrush
2) contact cleaner
3) rigorous scrubbing of contacts with aforementioned items
Old 01-10-2018, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nice pictures. Just another data point. This had to be replace in my car at 82K. I have the old part and will open it up and see if the damage looks the same. Repair at indy was 332 in labor and 207 in parts. My A6 was built June 2012 and is a 2013.

Quick Reply: OBDII Code P2753 anyone?