Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

OEM Rim Sources/Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Rim Sources/Sizes

Hi folks,

I'm looking ahead a little bit and thinking about a set of winter tires/wheels for my 2014 A6 3.0T. Currently I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 20" sports package wheels which I am definitely not going to be using over the winter. That said, I'm currently trying to explore/price out a tirerack set vs. used OEM & new set of tires vs. complete new oem set from dealer.

Obviously the complete new oem set from the dealer should be the most expensive but last I checked, my dealer didn't have anything they could share with me yet, come back in September/October....

Tirerack is another good option and looks like it'll be <$1,500 for non-OEM rims. This is fine, and what I'll go with if all else fails, but I'd like to have OEM rims if possible.

This leads me to the third section which is to purchase a set of OEM tires from a member here or ebay and add on new winter tires to them. I like this option as it would allow me to have the OEM aesthetic and potentially switch to 18" or 19" all seasons later on as my current 20" wheels do create a bit of a jarring ride at times.

So I was wondering:

- Aside from the forums and ebay, are there any other good sites which stock and sell OEM wheels? I'm skeptical but curious.

- Could someone educate me on what OEM rims could fit? What are the measurements to look at, etc? Would Audi rims from a different model (i.e. S4/S5 peelers) fit? Apologies but I'm a noob when it comes to this as I have always had all seasons with my other cars.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-11-2017, 08:49 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

All those sources are good, don't forget Craigslist. If possible, for winter tires, go down to the stock diameter. For instance if your car came with 19" rims and standard is 18", go with that. Tirerack has a Q&A about why going down on size. Cost is lower too. You don't want a really wide tire in snow. Wide tires push snow and prone hydroplaning vs slicing thru snow. But its personal preference. Use this website which is a good resource for wheel specs.

https://www.wheel-size.com/
Old 08-12-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Take a look at achtuning's website for some decent replicas.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hartmann replicas are top notch, TUV-approved. I did the opposite of you (put winters on my stock rims since I had to buy the car with the sport package with all-seasons since I picked up via Euro Delivery in winter) and went with Hartmann's and pilot super sports for summer. I'm super happy with them.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by das2.7t
Hartmann replicas are top notch, TUV-approved. I did the opposite of you (put winters on my stock rims since I had to buy the car with the sport package with all-seasons since I picked up via Euro Delivery in winter) and went with Hartmann's and pilot super sports for summer. I'm super happy with them.
I did the same. My winter wheels went on the stock rims and my Michelin PSS on the Hartmanns.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the tip, these look great!

Quick question, do I need to worry about matching the offset with my OEM rims? What are the pros/cons of having a lower offset than OEM? Thanks!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jyang7788
Thanks for the tip, these look great!

Quick question, do I need to worry about matching the offset with my OEM rims? What are the pros/cons of having a lower offset than OEM? Thanks!
If you match the factory offset, there's no chance for rubbing, hitting the calipers or looking ridiculous with the wheels too far inset. Ping the Hartmann people prior to purchase and they will walk you though which will fit your car and which, if you are so inclined, can fit your car with spacers. They know each Audi model variant very, very well.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try looking at the VW clearance center. They have factory wheels for a steep discount.
Volkswagen Parts at Huge Discounts In The VW Outlet Center
Old 08-16-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoVA_A6
Try looking at the VW clearance center. They have factory wheels for a steep discount.
Volkswagen Parts at Huge Discounts In The VW Outlet Center
Very cool source! The search interface is not the easiest to use, but some great deals!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jyang7788
Very cool source! The search interface is not the easiest to use, but some great deals!
Yeah, it's not the easiest place to shop because it just lists the item such as WHEEL with the part number. You need to search online for the part but sometimes there are deals to be had.

Quick Reply: OEM Rim Sources/Sizes