Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Oil Consumtion A6 3.0T supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Consumtion A6 3.0T supercharged

My 2014 STARTED TO SHOW OIL USAGE AT EVERY 1,500 MILES. I kept trak of the miles and so it started again to show one quart low at the next 1,600 miles. As I read the post here on the forum I decided to request an Oil consumtion test done by my dealer. They said it would not take long and should have the check done in an hour. After two hours I got worried and asked what was wrong. They told me that it was showing a leak and they would need to keep the car over night. Next day still not fixed. They then said they needed to order more part and take the Valve coves off. Needless to say the fix took a whole week. They were nice enough to give me a new Q5 to drive while waiting.
List of Part replaced: T trim,Tube, E repair kit (6),Seal Ring, B gasket,D gasket,F supp part and Oil ,filter, Washers, Plug.
Sounded serious to me. MY advise if you are loosing or using oil , get in the dealer and complain. They know they have an issue here and the "squeaking wheel gets the grease". Don't wait until your warrenty run out.
I got this all done at no charge.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wrong forum

Originally Posted by turbotop
My 2014 STARTED TO SHOW OIL USAGE AT EVERY 1,500 MILES. I kept trak of the miles and so it started again to show one quart low at the next 1,600 miles. As I read the post here on the forum I decided to request an Oil consumtion test done by my dealer. They said it would not take long and should have the check done in an hour. After two hours I got worried and asked what was wrong. They told me that it was showing a leak and they would need to keep the car over night. Next day still not fixed. They then said they needed to order more part and take the Valve coves off. Needless to say the fix took a whole week. They were nice enough to give me a new Q5 to drive while waiting.
List of Part replaced: T trim,Tube, E repair kit (6),Seal Ring, B gasket,D gasket,F supp part and Oil ,filter, Washers, Plug.
Sounded serious to me. MY advise if you are loosing or using oil , get in the dealer and complain. They know they have an issue here and the "squeaking wheel gets the grease". Don't wait until your warrenty run out.
I got this all done at no charge.
You should move this thread to the C7 forum
Old 01-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no Idea as to how to move this note to C7. What does C7 mean to me in the realm of A6's? I am a rookie.
Turbotop
Old 01-09-2016, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default technically not move it. just restate it on the C7 forum.

Originally Posted by turbotop
I have no Idea as to how to move this note to C7. What does C7 mean to me in the realm of A6's? I am a rookie.
Turbotop
Go to the audiworld logo and below it is a forum menu so search/click till you get to the year of your car or C7.

Then start a new thread with your question.