Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 a6 prestige seats uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 a6 prestige seats uncomfortable

Jumped ship to an Audi from 5yrs of bmw 535 2011 model. I love the Audi drive and handling, but I cant seem to get comfortable in the seat. Seems a little stiff or a little lacking in cushion. Hard to tell from test drive and really didn't notice until after having for about 2 weeks. I took it to another dealer to get another opinion and one guy couldn't tell anything but another guy thought they felt flat compared to another model. I know everyone has different builds and positions, but I have not really had this issue with any other car before. I was told by dealer to schedule service apt and i might, but feel like some crazy seat obsessed loon. Has anyone else experienced this or am I just not used to audi seats. Any advice would be great as I really do enjoy the car.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the standard seats? what type of seat package is in the prestige? I have the standard seats in my 2016 and I find them to be extremely comfortable - on long trips feels great. I was coming from an A3 and I think the A6 seats are better. One thing I know from experience, when you trade in your car and move to another model, the seats often don't feel the same and it takes a little while to get used to. If it just feels "different" that is not the same as you saying it feels uncomfortable or painful.

I have to say, compared to a LOT of other cars out there, we are somewhat spoiled by these luxury Audi seats. Take someone from a much cheaper car and sit them in any Audi, they feel like they are in heaven. It's all relative.

I have zero complaints about the standard seats, love them. But, at the end of the day, no matter how many of us tell you the seats are great for us, if you don't like it, that is all that matters.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

At first I felt the same way. It took me about 2 weeks of "fine tuning" the seat adjustments to get them exactly the way I liked it. Now they feel excellent. Way better than my wife's 2011 Infiniti G37XS seats. Just my 2 cents worth.

Take some time and play around with the seat adjustments you may be surprised once you get it right as to how good they actually are.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife has the Comfort Seats option and these are fantastic. Wife came from 2011 BMW 535i with fancy seats, and prefers the Audi seats.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
At first I felt the same way. It took me about 2 weeks of "fine tuning" the seat adjustments to get them exactly the way I liked it. Now they feel excellent. Way better than my wife's 2011 Infiniti G37XS seats. Just my 2 cents worth.

Take some time and play around with the seat adjustments you may be surprised once you get it right as to how good they actually are.
Thanks for your advice. I have messed with the seats and have not quite found it yet. I think I need to stick with a setting and leave it there. However, I keep adjusting. I just don't recall having this issue with other cars before. I have also sat in a 2017 with same seats and they feel more Cush, or at least my brain thinks so. Service guy said sometimes they change foam padding on occasion between years. It's all speculative I guess or just my spoiled bottom.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

In my option both the standard and prestige seats are mediocre at best. I could never get used to the standard seats in my P+ and after driving the prestige loaner didn't think they were any better. Maybe better than in a Prius, but again that's not the point. Now the comfort seats (optional on A6s) or sport seats (standard on S6 and A6 competition) are something else.

Its one of those few things our European brethren have it better with more choices and better standard equipment.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree to a point with the give it time thing and adjusting. However, I think it is a little telling of these seats if it takes 2 weeks or so and tuning to get comfortable. I hardly drive my wife's car if at all and I can get in, make quick adjustment and I'm good to go. I really hope time will tell and the comfort will kick in. Spent an hour in rush hour traffic and I was fidgeting around trying to get comfy. My back and hips were all stiff when I got home.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuclearaudiman
I agree to a point with the give it time thing and adjusting. However, I think it is a little telling of these seats if it takes 2 weeks or so and tuning to get comfortable. I hardly drive my wife's car if at all and I can get in, make quick adjustment and I'm good to go. I really hope time will tell and the comfort will kick in. Spent an hour in rush hour traffic and I was fidgeting around trying to get comfy. My back and hips were all stiff when I got home.
I can tell you the settings I have now are not even close to where I started. At first my lower back was killing me & my mid back was aching.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
I can tell you the settings I have now are not even close to where I started. At first my lower back was killing me & my mid back was aching.
Well, I hope I can get past the aches to that magic point. However, I still think it kinda sucks to have to go through all that to get to there. I mean, I never had to do this before with any other car before. I guess i expected more in the seat department from such a high end car. I am not freakingly tall or anything. 6ft 1in and 180. I do have pretty long legs though. Sorry, just venting.

On a side note, I see you did some extensive stereo upgrades. Did you have any issue with warranty or do you still have warranty?
Old 09-17-2016, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuclearaudiman
I am not freakingly tall or anything. 6ft 1in and 180. I do have pretty long legs though. Sorry, just venting.
I am 6' 1", 180 with a 36 inch inseam. So it sounds like we are similar. The seat does take some adjusting to find the sweet spot. Don't forget to also adjust the telescoping steering wheel to get the proper angle and length to work with your seat position. With all of that said, if I am going to be driving for longer than an hour I remove my belt. Without the belt between my back and the seat seat I have driven for 10 hours without a problem. If I don't remove my belt, I get uncomfortable at the 2 hour mark. But I am 50 years old and that may be part of the problem. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2016 a6 prestige seats uncomfortable