Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse

I've noticed that occasionally when I go into reverse that my passenger mirror does not always tilt down. I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the mirror switch on the drivers door has to be directed to the passenger mirror for the passenger mirror to tilt in R. Sometimes my wife rotates that **** despite her own key and memory settings. Anyway, on any other mirror setting on the driver's switch I don't think the passenger mirror will tilt in R. I'll keep exploring to confirm, but in the meantime - anyone else experience the same? Where to you guys have that **** set?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSA6
I've noticed that occasionally when I go into reverse that my passenger mirror does not always tilt down. I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the mirror switch on the drivers door has to be directed to the passenger mirror for the passenger mirror to tilt in R. Sometimes my wife rotates that **** despite her own key and memory settings. Anyway, on any other mirror setting on the driver's switch I don't think the passenger mirror will tilt in R. I'll keep exploring to confirm, but in the meantime - anyone else experience the same? Where to you guys have that **** set?
Just figured out the solution to this a short while ago...while the gear selector is in R, the mirror switch should be turned to the passenger side mirror. While you are still in R, adjust the mirror position to the desired spot that you would like it to move to in the future. The new mirror position you just set should save to the memory/key setting for future use. Hope this helps! We were happy to have figured this out on ours!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's correct, you have to select the passenger side mirror for the side mirror to tilt down. Unfortunately the driver's side mirror doesn't has this feature.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carbuff_2
That's correct, you have to select the passenger side mirror for the side mirror to tilt down. Unfortunately the driver's side mirror doesn't has this feature.
Correct. You should leave the mirror switch on the passenger side mirror setting for the movement to work. In our case, it barely dipped at all when we first got it and we thought that was useless. A little reading in the manual and I figured out you can adjust the mirror to aim down to whatever setting you like whenever you put it in R. Cool little feature that I haven't seen before.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ARKTCTR
Just figured out the solution to this a short while ago...while the gear selector is in R, the mirror switch should be turned to the passenger side mirror. While you are still in R, adjust the mirror position to the desired spot that you would like it to move to in the future. The new mirror position you just set should save to the memory/key setting for future use. Hope this helps! We were happy to have figured this out on ours!
Nice catch!
Was wondering what was wrong with mine...
Looks like RTFM indeed works

Neurobit
Old 04-14-2012, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the quick replies and tips about aiming when in R. I too miss the drivers side tilt like in my other vehicles. Oh well.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solution to help prevent your very expensive wheels from meeting the curb
Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s4str
Solution to help prevent your very expensive wheels from meeting the curb
^^^ + 1

Neurobit
Old 04-29-2012, 04:44 PM
YSS
Audiworld Junior Member

Accidentally figured this out. While in reverse to park, I pointed the passenger side mirror down to see where the curb was. And then it started doing it everytime I put the car in reverse. :-)
Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by YSS
Accidentally figured this out. While in reverse to park, I pointed the passenger side mirror down to see where the curb was. And then it started doing it everytime I put the car in reverse. :-)
Thanks for pointing this out I knew this had to be there. When I got the cat the sales person said it didn't do this because it had the back-up camera and side sensors instead. I knew he was wrong, Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse