Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by denvig
Thanks for pointing this out I knew this had to be there. When I got the cat the sales person said it didn't do this because it had the back-up camera and side sensors instead. I knew he was wrong, Thanks for the tip.
And here we have yet another example of a well informed salesperson exhibiting his vast wealth of Audi knowledge.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With these advanced machines it may be unrealistic to expect sales know how to activate each function step by step, but at a minimum they should know what functions these cars come with.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by qqq1970
With these advanced machines it may be unrealistic to expect sales know how to activate each function step by step, but at a minimum they should know what functions these cars come with.
I agree that it might be too much to expect for any one salesperson to know everything about every model and feature. What's disappointing though, as we often read about here, is some make statements that they seem to pull out of their butt when they don't know the answer to a question instead of "I don't know but I'll find out for you". Ideally, I feel an Audi salesperson's knowledge should at least equal the average Audi World member - it is their profession after all.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I agree that it might be too much to expect for any one salesperson to know everything about every model and feature. What's disappointing though, as we often read about here, is some make statements that they seem to pull out of their butt when they don't know the answer to a question instead of "I don't know but I'll find out for you". Ideally, I
feel an Audi salesperson's knowledge should at least equal the average Audi World member - it is their profession after all.
"I feel an Audi salesperson's knowledge should at least equal the average Audi World member - it is their profession after all."
Can't agree more, they may not know everything but its what they do for a living. I know if it was my job I would find out everything I can about the cars I'm selling. And your right if you don't know say "I'm not sure let's find out"
Old 06-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does this feature require any other options, like mirrors and seat with memory or such ?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't have this feature in my 2012 A6 TDI, even though I have folding mirrors, advanced key, parking sensors, automatic parking and reverse camera. Maybe it's not available in Sweden? Maybe a VAGCom setting can fix it?

Last edited by Mickelin; 06-30-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mickelin
I don't have this feature in my 2012 A6 TDI, even though I have folding mirrors, advanced key, parking sensors, automatic parking and reverse camera. Maybe it's not available in Sweden? Maybe a VAGCom setting can fix it?
I think I read somewhere that it needs the mirrors with memory. I skipped that options as it required the seats with memory as well and was like way over priced.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mickelin
Found this

Enabling reverse mirror tilt on cars without memory seats: Go to module 52 Door Elect, Pass., Long Coding, Byte 4. If the byte has value 50 (cars with folding or folding/dimming mirrors), change it to 5C. Afterwards when reversing and the mirror **** is in passenger position the passenger side mirror will tilt while on reverse.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm coming from a Lexus LS600hL which as both passanger and drivers side tilt mirrors.

I find myself using the drivers side tilt more than the passanger side tilt.

Along with soft close doors, it's one of the things I'll miss......
Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Helmar
I'm coming from a Lexus LS600hL which as both passanger and drivers side tilt mirrors.

I find myself using the drivers side tilt more than the passanger side tilt.

Along with soft close doors, it's one of the things I'll miss......
You must parallel park mostly on the driver's side of one way streets?

Quick Reply: Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse