Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Pedal Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pedal Power

Don't have eyes in my feet of course (though way back when, some of my teachers claimed to have 'em in the back of their heads) but as special as I've always thought the A6 interior is, I did think it was slightly let down by the rather blah pedals so a stop in at E-Bay and a slow boat from China later and...

That's more like it. Pretty decent solid quality for $35 with the S-Line logo etched in.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome! Could you please post a link for those pedal, also what are those floor mats, they don’t look like factory style? Are they?
Thanks
Old 05-27-2019, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCom-Mike
Don't have eyes in my feet of course (though way back when, some of my teachers claimed to have 'em in the back of their heads) but as special as I've always thought the A6 interior is, I did think it was slightly let down by the rather blah pedals so a stop in at E-Bay and a slow boat from China later and...

That's more like it. Pretty decent solid quality for $35 with the S-Line logo etched in.
VERY sharp indeed!
Old 05-27-2019, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks really cool and subtle. Do you have to remove existing ones to fit these?
Can you also confirm if these are the same ones which you bought?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Audi-A4...cAAOSw7E1bllJf

Thank you.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramaraju
Looks really cool and subtle. Do you have to remove existing ones to fit these?
Can you also confirm if these are the same ones which you bought?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Audi-A4...cAAOSw7E1bllJf

Thank you.
Yes, those are the ones. My pic doesn't really do the brushed aluminum justice but they look good and are nice and solid. The foot rest-plate just double-sided 3M tapes to the plastic one already in the car. The Accelerator pedal fits around the existing one with rubber flange (I think that's the term) to hold on all sides. For the Brake pedal, you detach the existing rubber foot piece and the new one again grips around the rim of the metal pedal frame with rubber flange. Both Accelerator and Brake take some struggling around down there under the steering wheel to get all the flange edges wrapped around so there is no chance of slip when driving. It's a tight fit but once they're on, it's very clear they are on firmly and the rubber striping gives them as much or more grip (brake especially) than the originals.

Ash : the mats are just Weathertech's more generic cut to size type (got them in Costco $29 as I recall). I had the fancier Weathertechs (I think they profess them to be laser measured) in a previous BMW but frankly found the plastic they were made of more slippery and not reassuring under your foot so all the accuracy of fitment was largely irrelevant as I just didn't like them. These rubber ones are robust and have good grip and plenty of cut options for shape. Could have done with a slightly wider front passenger mat but my cars a No Big Dirty Boots Zone anyway.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you for clarifying. I might try those in the near future...