Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Wheel Supplier Question Hartmann vs WheelPlus

Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Supplier Question Hartmann vs WheelPlus

I was planning on getting some RS6 replica wheels and the main 2 places that have them are Hartmann and WheelPlus on Ebay.

http://hartmannwheels.com/

http://www.ebay.com/usr/wheelfactory...p2047675.l2559

They both seem to have mostly positive reviews with a few negative ones. They don't seem super cheap where you definitely know the quality is going to be poor. Does anyone have experience with either one and if so how did you like them (primarily long term)? Fitment, quality, balance, weight, customer service, etc?
Old 07-03-2014, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

The wheels from Hartmann aren't exactly the same. The wheels from Hartmann have no bends in them at all and are closer to the 5 dual spoke wheels that are on some of the S5s.
A friend and I ordered a set of the wheels each, from Wheel Factory. They were lighter than the factory wheels, balanced with no issues, and show virtually no brake dust. The wheels from wheel factory have meet all of our expectations with the exception of the centercaps. We both ordered factory centercaps and those look much better. We also ordered the plastic lug nut covers from one of the aftermarket companies.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cyncris
The wheels from Hartmann aren't exactly the same. The wheels from Hartmann have no bends in them at all and are closer to the 5 dual spoke wheels that are on some of the S5s.
A friend and I ordered a set of the wheels each, from Wheel Factory. They were lighter than the factory wheels, balanced with no issues, and show virtually no brake dust. The wheels from wheel factory have meet all of our expectations with the exception of the centercaps. We both ordered factory centercaps and those look much better. We also ordered the plastic lug nut covers from one of the aftermarket companies.
+1 Same experience here with the set from Wheel Plus...i have the 20x9 ET35. Looks like they're selling the 42 offset now.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cyncris
Thanks Cyncris. For the center caps, will this type fit? I would prefer to go with the 1 piece, but if it would be loose, I would go with the separate cap and lug covers.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2014, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by douglife
I was planning on getting some RS6 replica wheels and the main 2 places that have them are Hartmann and WheelPlus on Ebay.

http://hartmannwheels.com/

http://www.ebay.com/usr/wheelfactory...p2047675.l2559

They both seem to have mostly positive reviews with a few negative ones. They don't seem super cheap where you definitely know the quality is going to be poor. Does anyone have experience with either one and if so how did you like them (primarily long term)? Fitment, quality, balance, weight, customer service, etc?
I love my Hartmann wheels. They are also a great company. I banged up a wheel within 2 weeks and they sold me a replacement at a substantial discount. I get tons of compliments on the wheels. I actually had my Discount Tires order them for me and he got reseller pricing so I paid a little less than buying direct. I put Michelin AS3 on them and could not be happier. I found colored weights that are a close enough match that the weights do not stand out much. Check the pic below.

http://www.pbase.com/kluken/image/152359627

Last edited by keithl; 07-03-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

I have been very happy with both sets of my Hartmann Wheels.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by douglife
Thanks Cyncris. For the center caps, will this type fit? I would prefer to go with the 1 piece, but if it would be loose, I would go with the separate cap and lug covers.
Unfortunately that style will not fit the set from Wheels Plus.
They come with a couple of sets of centercaps, but the factory ones look a lot better. I found a set on ebay for $15 that had Audi part numbers on the back.
You would need a centercap that looks like this:

and then get the lug covers like these: